Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Brain Fog

(1/2) > >>

Lindilou:
In 2008-9 I was on HRT, it didn't do anything.  Now every month I'm now 56) around the 5- 9th I get this 'brain fog', everything seems sureal and it's scary too.  As I mentioned in previous post, I don't have periods anymore due to having to have a hysterectomy in 1991 due to cervical cancer. Am seeing the doc for another reason next Monday, so am wondering whether to ask for HRT again and how to word it/say it.  I don't want to waste this app, he's a good doc and I will have had a three week wait to see him by next Monday.

CLKD:
Oh that Brain Fog!  Could you send an e-mail letting him know that you would like to consider HRT? that gives him the chance to look through your notes before the appt..  If not, is there a Practice Nurse you could chat with ?

TropicalVon69:
I understand completely...I have it now with head pressure at the top of my head and everything seems scary and not right,....good luck with doc xxx

Hurdity:
Do you have any other symtpoms that could be due to menopause eg headaches, flushes or sweats, low mood or other aches and pains and are you on any other medication that also reduces flushes eg SSRI's or other AD's?

Although approx 80% of women (think this is right?) are through menopause by age 54 you could be one of the other 20% and still having some sort of cycle.

No reason not to try HRT although it is usually best started within 10 years of menopause. At least you would not need a progestogen so a low dose one might just do the trick! I would have thought you are more likely to be successful if you have definite symptoms at this stage, but can't see how doc should refuse at least for you to try a low dose if you are having cyclical symptoms?

Hurdity x

Lindilou:
No, no hot flushes, low moods (apart from what we all get).  I do have tiredness due to underactive thyroid and CFS, that's about it really.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version