Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

An end to painful mammograms?

(1/3) > >>

minkusmum:
I read this today on a Swiss website - it sounds wonderful to me!

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/science_technology/Could_an_ultrasound_bath_squeeze_out_mammograms.html?cid=38394752

Linsey44:
Have to agree, it does sound good.  I need annual mammograms which iare uncomfortable and get annual mri scans which I find claustophobic so an alternative would be great.

tiger74:
I wouldn't trust the results to be as accurate as mammography and/or MRI.  Sounds like it's still a "work in progress" but could be promising for some time in the future.

I agree, mammograms are uncomfortable and MRIs are horribly claustrophobic.  I've had a mastectomy and I'm slim so find leaning against the hard edges of the mammography equipment machine very uncomfortable.  I've managed to get through MRIs by having a friend in the room with me and taking diazepam'

Have heard about many women who don't attend for screening regular mammograms "in case it hurts" or "it really hurt last time".  I'm afraid they get short shrift from me.

Linsey44:
Hi tiger74

Totally agree that women should take advantage of all the screening offered to them.  Other people have had to campaign and lobby parliament et. for us to have them made available for eveyone.

I for one am grateful, do you mind me asking why you had a masectomy, dont feel obliged to answer.

Joyce:
At least someone is looking at alternatives, which can only be a good thing. I dread mine with a passion. However, I doubt an alternative will be in my lifetime.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version