Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

poor clotting in blood test what does it mean?

(1/4) > >>

valiantkate:
Hello again, just wanted to pick your brains.
My son has had 3 blood tests now-also X rays. He is losing weight and is always  tired and lethargic, he has nose bleeds - without the picking, they take forever to stop!
the latest blood test has confirmed that he has some  problems with blood clotting- the previous ones showed this too - he has to have another test next week. His X rays are  clear, he was very poorly years ago with a serious infection of the brain and spinal cord (ADEM) I was wondering if there was some link as there are no others in the family with a similar problem with their blood. His cousin has non hodgins lymphoma but in remission now.
I'm all of a dooh dah and dont know what these results mean. does anyone out there know anythng about blood test results.?

CLKD:
That sounds awful - who gave you the results a GP or Consultant?  Which area of the body was X-rayed? 

Make a list of your queries and talk these through with him - I forget how old he is ………  :-X

It is possible that infection can cause blood clotting problems which is why 3 tests are done, however if he is tired and losing weight I would be concerned.  Is his Doctor aware of the cousin with Lymphoma?

valiantkate:
Hi there, He's 22 now, so thin despite my best efforts to fatten him up- its me that gets fat! It was the GP who rang him today to ask him to return for more bloods.
The Gp isnt aware of his cousin yet, I will mention it but dont want to panic my son.
He's such a wonderful young man, gentle, arty and caring- seems so unfair.
the X ray was of his chest and was clear- the other aspects of the blood tests were clear (I think)
What would I do without you? I know you cant change the situation but it helps so very much to know that I can air my  worries. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

honeybun:
I am sure they will get to the bottom of this very soon.

No matter how old they get you still worry. That's what us mum's do.

Keep posting and let us know how he gets on.

Honeyb
x

CLKD:
It is a worry however old they are  :hug:   what do you think might be the cause?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version