General Discussion > One Life, Live it, Celebrate it!

To sing or not to sing.....!

(1/7) > >>

dulciana:
I said in an earlier thread that my cat loves music (well, except for Mahler 3!).  What I didn't say was that she absolutely hates me singing!  Whenever I sing or even just hum, at best, she gives me a funny look and at worst, she sort-of hits me with her paw, as if to say "Stop that awful noise!"  She's just done it again, after I hummed along to something on youtube.  It's embarrassing!

Now, she doesn't do this if anyone else sings, be they famous or just one of the family.  That could have something to do with the fact that quite a few of the family are good singers.  And admittedly, the time when she lay in my arms gazing at the ceiling as she listened to Schubert lieder, the singer on that occasion was Dietrich Fischer Dieskau!  But my own singing voice, although small, isn't that bad!  Maybe it is............  ???    She's fine if I play, though.

Ju Ju, if you're reading this, I'm sure she'd be much more polite to you if you sang!!

D.

CLKD:
When I played a recorder, the moment I got the instrument out of my music bag the JR would howl …….. I didn't even need to put it to my lips  ;D

You carry on singing.  Music is the food of love  ;) ……..

Maybe if you sing in the shower ………..  :P

Our JR didn't like alcohol either …….. if I put a glass even empty near her she would turn her head  :D

dulciana:
 :D    We always know just where we are with animals!

Dancinggirl:
Your cat may think you are in pain if she is not used to you singing. To her you are doing something out of character and it worries her?  DG x

dulciana:
That's a point - hadn't thought of that, Dancinggirl.   I had begun to think she might be in pain listening to me (!), but maybe it's the other way round...........

Thanks!

D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version