General Discussion > New Members

Hello, looking for others like me...

(1/3) > >>

krow134:
Hello, new here!

Its very hard to find a site that can help me. I am 38 years old and 2 weeks ago diagnoses with premature menopause. It was shocking to say the least. I went to the gynie for a breast lump I found, (ended up all ok), but while talking to her we decided to have my thyroid tested due to symptoms I was having. Blood work came back fine for thyroid but my FSH was 47 and my Estrogen was 15, which is why she said premature menopause. Searching websites, its hard to find much about it. Most things go for normal menopause. I am just so confused as to what it really is. She threw so much info at me, but I wasnt really listening, my mind was focused on the OMG of it. I have to go back in 6 months for more blood work and then we can talk more after I have a little time to think she said.

I also had to go to my GP for my lipids panel which the gynie had run too, and all those levels were way up there. So not only in 2 weeks did I find out my ovaries failed, I am now on blood pressure pills and cholesterol meds. How does this happen!?!?!

I told my GP I was so very confused over the lipid thing. I do alternative day eating and run a mile or more a day. But he said its something that happens with menopause and estrogen levels. (So another confirmation....  :( ) I told him too, I was at 207 begining of last year decided it was time to lose weight, got down to 155 through diet and exercise and then all of a sudden begining of this year weight just started coming back on even with everything I was doing......he said another unfortunate effect of menopause  :o .

I dont understand how I can go from healthy to all this almost overnight! I know january I noticed I had this peach fuzz growing on my face, then this whole winter I was fighting with blankets at night because it was either to hot or to cold. Then last year or two I cant fall asleep (have gotten alot of really good books read because of this though)....I never noticed it was related to premature menopause.....I didnt even know it exsisted!!!

My gynie thinks it wasnt as sudden as I was thinking it was when she told me, she said by the estrogen level alone, she believes its been about 2-3 years (so that made me around 35-36ish years old). I just never noticed because I was still having "periods". She said I will still have them occassionally, but they arent real ones due to ovary failure. I never have been normal with them, so I am used to them coming when they want. Longest streak recently was 2 years ago when I went almost 10 months before it finally reared its head. Normally it can be around 6 months between them.

I dont know just so confusing and wish I knew more than I do right now. I no family history of this, so no one to ask. Then I fear for my 16 year old daughter, because gynie said she needs to know this so make choices in her life.

I did order a book that pertains to this, but it hasnt come in yet. Waiting as calmly as I can for it lol!!

Anyways, anyone else like me here? I have soooooo many questions and just frustrated with the "you should be happy with no more periods!"...dont get me wrong would be great, however I thought I had another 15 years before this!

honeybun:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Have you looked at the daisy network site. It is for woman who are going through premature menopause.

You will still get lots of meno advice and support here too.

Has your GP discussed HRT with you.

Look around and join in.

Honeyb
X

Taz2:
Welcome from me too - you will get lots of help and advice on here not to mention friendship and some giggles!

There are other members who are also in premature menopause and no doubt they will be along soon to welcome you. There is also info in the menu on the left of the screen.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

krow134:
Thank you both of you!!!! *Hugs*

I did try daisy network but I believe its a membership site, and I will have to wait for that. We have not talked HRT yet. She is going to re-run all blood work in Oct. to see where the numbers stand. She said she doesnt beleive it will change and go "normal" but she has to make sure. She said that both the FSH and Estrogen is in the post-menopausal range and usually once they both are there, they dont get better. She also told me to in the meantime "grieve, come to grips with this, educate myself on HRT and premature menopause". She said that way in 6 months when I go back to her I can go in with questions and know where I think/want to be, not just where she thinks/wants me to be. I really like my gynie, she is really about involving the patient, not a "I'm the doctor, hear me roar" kinda doctor!

Oh and she was the one who made me go to my GP over the lipids. She wants to see better numbers there when I go back for blood work in oct. She said with premature menopause, those numbers will get worse without intervention.

honeybun:
You really should be on HRT as it will help with osteoporosis and heart disease. You are replacing the hormones that your body should have naturally.

To be honest I don't know why they are making you wait until October. Many doctors will go on symptoms alone as blood tests are very up and down.

Honeyb
X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version