Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

Hysterectomy at 45

(1/5) > >>

Tinks67:
Hello - new today - wanting to know more about hysterectomy - mine in 4 weeks ..... eeek !!

Taz2:
Hi Tinks - your name sounds familiar - have you been a member before? If so then welcome back and if not then  :welcomemm:

There are quite a few members who have had hysters so I am sure they will soon be along to give advice. What are your reasons for needing one and are you keeping your ovaries?

Taz x

Tinks67:
Hi Taz

Wow you have an amazing memory - yes a member a while back but not logged in recently. Hyst because of a "dysfunctional" menopause and endometriosis, everything is going ...... been on hrt a year but no improvement sadly.

Just trying to get as much info as I can.
Tinks x

Taz2:
Well I have a reason - one of my old boy (men) friends was called Tinks so it sort of stuck in my mind!!

As you are losing your ovaries you will obviously need HRT if you are to avoid the hot sweats and all the other things that go with surgical menopause. It sounds as if you have had a miserable time of it. Have you been on this site http://www.hysterectomy-association.org.uk/forums/  for information and possible support from others also waiting for their operations. They have a monthly club on the forum where all the members who are having their ops in the same month can swap notes.

Do you know where all of your endo is? I just ask because if any is left behind then HRT can keep it stimulated I believe.

Taz x

Tinks67:
Well its lovely you remember, whatever the reason  :)

Majority of endo will be excised and removed thankfully ...... and yes have read it can be stimulated with hrt, which accounts for why the last 12 months have been so rubbish.

Thanks for the website, will defo take a look.
Tinks x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version