Menopause Discussion > Personal Experiences

Tell us how you cope without HRT

<< < (36/37) > >>

Alwmjohn14:
I’m starting HRT today just waiting on doctor phoning to see what I’m starting on as there’s a shortage and she wants to make sure she can get an items before starting me on something! Was only diagnosed today, finally getting help…

CLKD:
 :welcomemm:   welcome new members.  Browse round the 'rooms' - make notes. Ask away.

Without HRT - so far, apart from requiring vaginal atrophy treatment I've been OK.  Initially, 10 years ago, A few cold or hot flushes from nape to waist after my baths, along with intense itching down my back.  Also my insteps itched, I would wake in the night with one heel scratching the other!  Now I know that any itching is probably a movement in oestrogen levels .  As well as a few aches and pains which I take 'nurofen' for as necessary.

When you get a prescription do put the product name/s into the search box and read the appropriate threads - make notes ;-).  Let us know how you get on.

Susie69:
I'm struggling with mood swings and the constant Tinnitus causing depression and fatigue. Brain fog has been bad too and some episodes of dissociation. I think that's been worse than the hot flushes and joint pain!

I didn't want to go on HRT due to family history of breast cancer and have made it this far (54 now symptoms started mid 40's) ...about 7-8 months without a period (for second time)

Used to use Capsiplex supplement for quick burst of energy to get through an appointment or workout but they no longer seem to sell it and I haven't found anything else that gave me the same burst of quick instant energy so haven't managed to exercise for ages now. Maybe why the joint pain and Tinnitus just seems to be getting worse I'm not sure???

trandall:
Hi ladies I started Peri about 4years ago and the biggest issue for me was anxiety particularly health anxiety which I had never experienced before. I eventually started on HRT which really helped apart from the odd spike here and there. Recently I’ve noticed I’m getting more spikes and also feeling nauseous in the morning which makes me think things have shifted again with my hormones. I’m currently also waiting to go back after a mammogram recalled, and as you can imagine this is doing the anxiety no favours at all. I’m hoping when this is complete this week and I am given a clean bill of health that I can focus on the anxiety and maybe the nausea will subside 💕

SarahT:
Hello Trandall,
I dont think I suffered horrendous anxiety before peri, and it's only recently I think I have become more health fixated. I think the hormonal fluctuations can be so wild and symptoms appearing from out of the blue that anything ' new ' feeling can lead me to a sense of doom. Too much going on it feels overwhelming.
As you sense, peri  fluctuates so it is hard to have stability on hrt as or hormones alter. Atm, I am doing good hrt wise.

Of course the mammogram recall has worried you, that's natural. Sensibly we all know it is unlikely to be anything, but the anxiety doesn't always allow us to feel that.
I wish you well on your appt. Let us know how you Get on and if it does indeed settle some anxiety symptoms. X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version