Menopause Discussion > Personal Experiences

Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness

<< < (2/236) > >>

AnnieG:
I've found the HRT has helped here (I'm taking Hormonin and Utrogestan - which is a natural progesterone) - but before that I used Sylk which really is excellent.

Tanny:

--- Quote from: Dr. Heather Currie on January 23, 2007, 09:22:52 AM ---
Tell us what you have found helpful.

--- End quote ---

Like the aches and pains, this also comes and goes.  The most helpful thing I have found is "Replens".

scriv:
I have been using Ovestin cream for 5 months. It was very effective at healing dry, bleeding tissue after a infection, but I am now wondering if the cream itself is irritating the urethra and causing  bladder/urethra sensitivity.

I am leaving it off for a few weeks to see. :-\

Menopausal Minnie:
Not suffering from this - thankfully - just yet  ;)

Even though I cant actually remember where mine is :o at the mo...................

Is this one of the definitive signs of the menopause?

Hugs MM (Angie) :hug:

juju:
Hrt has done the trick here!Before that KY jelly was useful.I did find it quite bad before the hrt and a couple of times I was a bit stuck to my pants :-\(if you know what I mean)!I did notice the dryness starting a good few years ago and before my periods stopped had to stop using tampons as  it was becoming a bit risky!Certainly amazing improvement with hrt.It was probably the first thing I noticed had changed when I started hrt,closely followed by flushes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version