Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just started Tridestra, anyone have any experiences of this HRT ?  (Read 26625 times)

demented di

Evening everyone, I have only very recently found out about this website....I need to thank the Gynacologist I visited last week who told me about it!!! My name is Di and I'm 45. I'm peri menopausal, having had on and off symtoms since I was 39. In the last couple of years flushing, night sweats, irritability and tiredness have increased dramatically. I have tried two previous HRT products, one a monthly tablet and then patches, I suffered severe headaches with both and am now trying Tridestra as the doc thinks the 91 day cycle of these tablets might be better. Thanks for being here to talk things through.

Taz2

Re: Just started Tridestra, anyone have any experiences of this HRT ?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:48:04 PM »

Hello Demented Di -  :welcomemm:

I don't have any experience of Tridestra but just wanted you to know that your post had been read. You will find loads of support and friendship on here.

Taz x  :)

Bette

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:18:49 AM »

Hi demented di
 :welcomemm: from me too. This is a brilliant place - has saved many lives, marriages, relationships and sanities!
Bixby x

Rosebush

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 08:43:09 AM »

Hi Dem :)  Please let us know if this Hrt works for you, as your findings may help other peri ladies in making a choice..I am going to research it myself although i am post meno..x

nicola1

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 04:29:46 PM »

Hi Di Im in the same situation as you Im 44 and been on hrt since 38 Ive been on femseven sequi then evorel conti and my gynae dr has stopped this as I had 2 very heavy bleeds may and june on a non bleed patch.  I have to say in the 6 weeks I have been off it I have lost just over a stone and my headaches have improved by I cant sleep and the hot flushes driving me mad I cant sleep either with them as they are continious.  The dr has given me Tridestra and I just put a message on the forum asking if anybody else has tried this I have not taken it yet as very worried it will cause eratic bleeding and make me put on weight again and have no energy. I have made an appt at the alternative health clinic tmr to see if they can suggest something I dont know what to do.  Its not easy is it. Nicky.

bramble

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 06:45:15 PM »

I was on Tridestra for 9 months but did not feel well on them at all. Tiredness, dizzyness, anxiety, shaky etc etc. Although the theory sounds good for a 3 month cycle, it didn't work for me.
Bramble
PS. Am now on Premique which has the same progesterone and I feel fine-ish! so I don't know whether it was the estrogen or the progesterone in Tridestra that didn't agree with me or whether I feel better now because I am further down the line.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 07:58:16 PM »

Hi Nicky - have I posted somewhere else to ask you why you were on a Conti HRT at your age? I think I did but maybe I didn't. Anyway you are supposed to be over the age of 54 or, if younger than that, to have had a hyster before it can be prescribed.

I am sure I have posted this - sorry  ::)

Taz x

nicola1

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 08:23:23 PM »

Hi Taz no I have not had a hysterectomy just premature ovarian failure at 38 then on femsven sequi no periods with that for 3 years then a very big bleed then gynae dr put me on evorel as said no point in having a bleed as been on it a long time then I had big bleed 2 times may and june and he has changed me to tridestra but I do get headaches and put on weight with hrt.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 09:50:36 PM »

It's just surprising that you were on a continuous HRT at your age as it does increase your risk of endometrial cancer. The conflicting advice is very worrying sometimes! I have been allowed continuous HRT now as I am 56 but it gives me continuous bleeding so I have swapped back to sequi at the minute. Have you had a hysteroscopy to find out why you had the big bleeds?

Taz x

nicola1

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 02:14:19 PM »

Hi Taz have been to the alternative health clinic this morning and had some acupressure and something hot put on my feet cant remember the name (thats my brain too cant remember a thing these days) he says that at some time even on hrt you would have to go through these hot flushes etc when you came off hrt. Im going back tmr have not taken tridestra yet! Had a biopsy on side of the womb which was fine and C125 which was 15. He thinks I was not tolerating the progesterone I think its a stab in the dark and its trial and error if it works good if it doesnt see for a few month then change to a different one.  It is quite worrying and as I dont know who to ask for advice a very hard one.  Up all night nearly again I cant sleep and its getting so bad I was very tempted to take the tridestra today but will give alternative a go.  Nobody has given any comments on the tridestra yet. Im not sure if I am filling in these answers back properly do I just click reply at the bottom of the page. thanks Nicky

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 04:38:45 PM »

You seem to be posting fine to me - unless you mean your personal messages?

You are right in that HRT quite often just delays menopause. I had to make a decision as to whether I felt I would be better able to cope with  my symptoms at 52 or 62 really - I hope that by the time I come off HRT then I will be retired and so should be able to cope better. However, the menopause clinic say that there is no reason why I can't stay on it for ever which suits me just fine!

Taz x

nicola1

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 09:04:26 PM »

Hi Taz have been away for a bit hot flushes driving me mad. I went to the alternative health clinic who did some acupuncture without needles on my ear and then Im having some hot things put on my feet called Moxa something Im not quite sure how this will work but Im trying it every day then once a week at the clinic I have had 2 appt but flushes are not better at all its the night that is the worst I just cant sleep.  The clinician said he may try chinese herbs all I can do is give it a go.  I wonder if I would be better going back to my femseven sequi which I had 5 years ago that gave me a monthly bleed or he suggested just going back on the Evorel Conti I havent taken the Tridestra yet. thanks nicky.

demented di

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 09:28:39 PM »

:) Thank you all so much for your support and response to my original posting. Here is an update....I have been taking Tridestra now for 40 days of a ninety-one day cycle. On other HRT I suffered blinding headaches almost immediately, with this one, everything started off reasonably well, the severity of my extreme flushes and nightsweats began to diminish within a few days...I still get occasional flushes but very few and far between and easily manageable. My skin was quite oily for the first month but that seems to have settled down..in fact my mum commented just that other day that my skin looks lovely, lol!! on the fourth week of taking the tablets I felt quite irritable, had two days of severe headaches, period type pain and a slight increase in flushes. When the fourth week finished the physical symptoms settled down again, however over the last couple of weeks I feel a bit "flat" in mood, not anxious or depressed but a bit low and at times a bit irritable. The Gyny doctor has recommended I complete two cycles and then see how things are going. The doctor thinks I am sensitive to progesterone and has recommended  when I take the fourteen tablets which include this ( pills 71 to 84) that I start taking paracetamol two to three days before as he anticipates the blinding headaches may return during this time. I currently sometimes get what I call "fuzzy heads" not quite a headache but not a clear head either. Finishing on a positive note, I'm currently functioning reasonably well and am now sleeping through the night as I am no longer having night sweats (was up four times a night) and my make up doesn't slide off my face during the day!! Will keep you posted with the rest of my first cycle.

Bette

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 09:53:12 PM »

Hi Di
Thanks for updating us - it's great to hear how others are progressing. Sounds pretty good so let's hope things continue to improve for you.  :foryou:
Bixby x

demented di

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 10:08:04 PM »

AWW, Thanks Bixby, really appreciate the support. Di x
Pages: [1] 2