Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54

Author Topic: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES  (Read 685208 times)

Taz2

Re: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES
« Reply #510 on: October 10, 2011, 10:40:07 PM »

Hi 2catsnat - I just wondered whether your hot flushes stopped before your period arrived. Long standing members on here  just knew I would have to ask that question  ;D  A lot of us have found that before a period arrives the hot flushes stop. It will be interesting to see if this is what happened to you and whether, now your period is here, the black cohosh still keeps your flushes at bay.

Sorry to read about your mood swings - I now what you mean about just wanting to be alone.

Taz x

sarahbird

« Reply #511 on: October 11, 2011, 12:26:33 PM »

Kate , if you are still around , just wanted to say how much I empathise with you . I started with hot flushes/night sweats 10 yrs ago now and at times ,like you I have felt so desperate I really didn't care if I died . I feel as though these last years have been totally spoiled . Had to give up some important work I was doing as pouring with sweat every 40 mins was just not appropriate at all ! !
Have tried practically every "remedy" and to be honest they are a waste of money ! Cant take HRT but actually would rather not anyway... and before everyone jumps on me ...I know that for some its an incredible help.
I used this forum a lot some time ago and it was so so helpful. the reason I came on again now was really just to draw peoples attention to a low GI diet . I'm sure many of you will be aware of it but its not just about losing weight. I've been so puzzled by the biological mechanism of hot flushes and feel sure that there must be an answer out there .....but I must say for me personally I think there is some kind of link between the flushes and fluctuating blood sugar levels. Low GI is quite different in its approach and It does seem a bit strange but anyway there's loads of info on line and i've got to say it has made a big difference to me .

love sarah

silverlady

« Reply #512 on: October 11, 2011, 01:15:26 PM »

sarahbird I think there could be some connection, I have noticed that if I have too much sugar and refind carbs my pulse increases and I feel a pulse in my ear (have had it checked out by my doctor) my face flushes too sometimes. I always now only have something sweet after a meal containing protein and never eat anything sweet on its own.

I think there is a lot to be said about the GI diet and it really is common sense. I am glad that it has helped you.

silverlady x

sarahbird

« Reply #513 on: October 11, 2011, 07:10:13 PM »

thanks silverlady,

just wanted to add though , in some ways the low GI diet is common sense ,in as much as you are encouraged to cut right down on carbs, but its surprising sometimes which foods are the best low carb ones .
Its not always that obvious and definately worth checking them out. I've got a little pocket sized book,and there's plenty of lists to be found on-line .

sarah

coops

« Reply #514 on: November 17, 2011, 02:40:46 PM »

Hi hot flushes been terrible all started 7 yrs ago.

After i had a bad back, went to see a chiropractor and after that all this started, burning all over started in my back then stomach face and neck in agony also bad headaches went to doc she said it wasn't menopause sounds like nerve endings but gave me hrt anyway to see if it helps but by that time i was in such a state as one doc was telling me one thing another didn't think they where working so gave anti-depresants and change hrt again but still the same i don't think i gave it time to work.

In the end doc sent me to clinic in hosp doc there said i could be like that and had the menira coil fitted and taking climavil tablets. Still didn't feel great and went to see doc again in hosp 6 mths later but this time it was a different doc she told me to come off hrt cos i said i did't any better so went with her.Off it foe 3 wks but omg how sorry i was all my burning came back, so the hrt must of been doing something so gone back on it hope it kicks in soon feel awful now i remember what it was like when it all started.

coops

« Reply #515 on: November 17, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »

can anyone tell me does hrt just keeps all your symtoms down even if you have been on it for years and then when you come off it you just go thought any way or does it ease everything.I know you get it back a bit when you come off it.
Thanks  :-\

coops

« Reply #516 on: November 17, 2011, 10:10:59 PM »

Hi thanks for your reply. I have had a terrible time didn't know if I was going through the menopause or not cos at the time I had a bad back and went to see a chiropractor and after that is when i started getting all this burning in my back,stomach,neck,face and top of legs my doc is it was nerve endings but if it was my back how could it make my face burn.
Was like that for ages in terrible state she put me on anti-depressants couldn't stop crying cos so in pain she put me on hrt but I thought it wasn't working so she changed it in the end she sent me to see doc in hosp and he said you can have burning like I had.So he then gave me the menira coil in and gave me climaval tablet to take.
Anyway 6 mths later had to go back to hosp but seen a new doc and she told me to come off it cos I said I didn't feel any better but how wrong was I

coops

« Reply #517 on: November 17, 2011, 10:17:32 PM »

Sorry, just got to say i was off it for 3 wks and I was back to square 1 so gone back on it hope to god it doesn't take to long to get back in body so it was menopause.

thanks for listening sorry it was so long

coops

coops

« Reply #518 on: November 18, 2011, 09:50:42 PM »

:)thanks susan funny enough someone told me i had fibro and i have oa in neck and back thats y doc said it was nerves but she said it wasn't fibro some time i don't think they know whats wrong so say anything.
i have gone back on hrt but just on fire :angryfire: hope its not to long getting back in body :thankyou:

Twizzle

« Reply #519 on: December 08, 2011, 10:16:43 PM »

I'm not coping! The hot flushes are dreadful and making life in general hard.  R ::)eally difficult when you have an important role within a school and yet you have not had a good night sleep.  I've tried Menolieve, Black Cohosh, Sage tablets, and now the doc has told me to get YAM tablets which I've ordered.....so watch this space!

Dallas

« Reply #520 on: December 09, 2011, 06:34:15 AM »

This may be a total coincidence - but my hot flushes have almost gone.

I "failed" a cholesterol test a few months ago with a reading of 6.9.  I also had a high blood sugar reading.

As a result, I have changed my diet.  I now have no refined sugar, only fruit, I also have de-caff tea and coffee.  And I have upped my exercise.

As I said, it might be a coincidence, but it might not.  I have also lost 10lbs in weight.

Bette

« Reply #521 on: December 09, 2011, 09:14:28 AM »

Hi Twizzle
 :welcomemm:
Have you considered HRT? It's been a life-saver for many.  ;)
You might like to introduce yourself in "New Member" as newbies often get missed in the middle of existing threads and others will want to welcome you.
Bette x

Christine662

« Reply #522 on: December 09, 2011, 09:17:20 AM »

Hi

I havent had a night sweat (didnt get day ones) for about 6 weeks now.

I hadnt had a period since June, then last month & this month I had 'normal' period...the one this month was bang on 28days from the last, just like I used to be.

Do you think that the periods returning would have stopped the night sweats?

am soooooo confused with all this peri stuff.

Stumpy xx :)

Bette

« Reply #523 on: December 09, 2011, 09:28:45 AM »

Do you think that the periods returning would have stopped the night sweats?
Yes! A lot of ladies have reported that happening and several post-meno ladies have said that they wish that their periods would return, as they were preferable to the symptoms they get now.  :(
Bette x

Christine662

« Reply #524 on: December 09, 2011, 09:37:31 AM »

Thanks Bette

So I have them to look forward to again when periods decide to stop again...fabulous, not. >:(

Stumpy xx :)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54