Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Just found you  (Read 1265 times)

Bubbles cat

Just found you
« on: February 25, 2017, 06:15:45 PM »

Hi all I'm. New I've posted on another link before I found this ! I'm 45 ,never had a family , but having a hysterectomy in 2 days time , only had 2 weeks to prepare ! , I've opted to remove my ovaries due to age , and reduce of further complications due to fibroids , what's  availble for me  , I will take anything and everything on the go lol

Hurdity

Re: Just found you
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 06:28:29 PM »

Hi Bubbles cat

:welcomemm:

Good luck with your op. Are you really sure you want your ovaries removed. If you don't mind my asking - why do you want to do this? If there is not a medical reason to have your ovaries removed - you are very young to have everything removed and you will be plunged into surgical menopause and as you can read on here, getting the right hormone replacement following this drastic operation is often far from easy.

Whereabouts are you in menopause at the moment eg how are your periods/cycle etc?

If you are still having periods and not on HRT, if you just have your womb removed then you don't need to take anything - but if you have the lot out you must take HRT as soon as the operation is carried out (well - within days) as you are too young to be without oestrogen.

Obviously it is your decision and I presume made for very good reasons - and have been advised by the gynaecologist but if there is any choice in the matter and it is not vital then perhaps think again? I don't want to sound extreme but removing ovaries not a decision to take lightly. I hope I haven't offended by making this comment - just urging caution really - and I am sure you have thought about it a great deal already.

I expect others who have had this operation will be able to say more - and I haven't seen your other post!

Whatever you decide I hope your operation goes well and you have a swift recovery :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 09:18:52 PM »

My Gynae works on the premise that whilst he's 'in there I might as well remove everything, so that any potential danger is removed, including multiple GAs' ......... making sure that the lady is told about various HRT requirements is the most important issue, which is where we know that there's little joined up thinking between GP, patient and Consultant  >:(

Good Luck

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 09:19:34 PM »

trying to send you virtual flowers but emoticons won't work  :-\ to turn over the page!

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 11:45:53 PM »

Hi - welcome!

I was also wondering why you want your ovaries removed? The current thinking is to leave them in place unless they are diseased or you face the possibility of disease. I had a hysterectomy at the age of 60 and was advised to keep my ovaries as even post menopause they do still excrete a small amount of hormone. It's worth checking - it's your body and once they are removed you can't put them back and you will be plunged straight into surgical menopause.

Good luck with your op. There is good support here https://www.hysterectomy-association.org.uk/ if you haven't already discovered the site.

There is also a surgical menopause thread which you can read here http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,34701.0/topicseen.html

Taz x  :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:48:46 PM by Taz2 »

Lanzalover

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 10:51:22 AM »

Hi Bubbles cat

Welcome to the forum.

Thinking of you today. hope every thing goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Lanzalover x