Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Where can I buy utrogestan for a sensible price please?  (Read 4406 times)

Dandelion

Where can I buy utrogestan for a sensible price please?
« on: February 25, 2017, 10:39:07 AM »

Hi

Please can someone tell me a reliable pharmacy online where I can buy micronised progesterone, either in the uk or from abroad for a sensible price because all the ones I can see are over £40 a box for 30 100mg capsules, and that's just too much.

Many thanks

Hurdity

Re: Where can I buy utrogestan for a sensible price please?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »

Hi Dandelion - I have no experience of buying any prescription medications online. I'm not sure why you are asking this because you should be able to get it at normal prescription prices if you are prescribed it on NHS which I thought you were?

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 01:46:58 PM »

Buying on the Internet is dangerous.  Go back to your GP and discuss your requirements! Medication can be a mine field anyway and ALL medications require over-seeing by a GP or Nurse Practitioner. 

nearly50

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 02:02:12 PM »

I agree, bad idea to buy anything online.

How are things Dandelion, last time I saw you post you were going for a scan? How did it go? Are you feeling well at the moment?

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 08:19:42 PM »

Hi girls

It's a bit complicated. I am addicted to tranquilisers and am engaging with my psychiatrist to get off them slowly, but the meds they give you for fibroids cancel out tranqs as they act on the same receptors, thus it would be disasterous if i took them.
The doctors are ignorant of the fact that tranqs and prog acts on GABA-A receptor.
Fibroids not too bad, I asked my doctor if I could put the scan off until I was off the tranquiliser, I thought he was happy and let me cancel the scan, then today I get another letter asking for a scan. I think the ultrasound dept just thought I could not make it.
I will ring them on monday and tell them not to rebook another scan till I spoke to my GP, then I will speak to my GP and ask if the scan be postponed till I am off the valium.
I also have a leasehold flat and a leaky roof due to alterations made by previous owner
Nothing to do with meno, but I have too much stress on at the moment, and the gynae stuff is just too much for me to cope with right now. I think my GP will understand.
My womb is not giving me any bother at the moment.
I was asking in case he stopped my hrt, but perhaps i was too anxious.
I feel pretty anxious about this subject, so, I hate to say this, but please don't share any scare stories even though I wish you all well.
In the US, prog cream is prescribed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:24:40 PM by Dandelion »

nearly50

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 08:27:50 PM »

How do you know you have fibroids without a scan though? And what medication, I have multiple fibroids but am just waiting and hoping they shrink through menopause. I get you have a lot of stress, would mindfulness help do you think? Might help you find strategies to stop worrying about things which might happen?

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 09:54:45 PM »

How do you know you have fibroids without a scan though? And what medication, I have multiple fibroids but am just waiting and hoping they shrink through menopause. I get you have a lot of stress, would mindfulness help do you think? Might help you find strategies to stop worrying about things which might happen?
It's quite a complicated situation, not just the gynae side of things, was just starting thread to see if all micronised prog was over £40. If it's ok with you girls, I'd rather not continue with this thread, very mentally fragile right now. Using loads of coping strategies, but situation more complicated, property, relationships, medical, legal, that's all I can manage to say without becoming triggered.
Got friends around me though, thanks for all who came on to this thread.