Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Early morning bladder nuisance!  (Read 5188 times)

Dorothy

Re: Early morning bladder nuisance!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 12:16:28 AM »

I have to get up at least 2 hours before I need to go out, to make sure I can get all those early morning loo trips done before I leave!  Doesn't matter what I drink or how much, whether I have 'been' in the night or not, I am rushing back and forth to the loo for those first two hours.  Really grim if I have to leave for somewhere very early in the morning.  Everyone else can get up at 5.30 for a 6am departure, I have to get up at 4  >:(  Definitely hormonal.  Always had a slight problem that way, but much, much worse since starting peri

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 07:56:09 PM »

I must say I haven't tested it with anything other than tea - to see if it is just the bladder in my case!

I cannot normally move (from prone) until I've had a pint of tea (brought to me by dear husband - or made at the side of the bed  - kettle on tray - when he is away!) - which of course results in perpetual peeing for the next two hours.

Ditto the others re if I am travelling - I limit myself to one smaller mug and hope most of it clears so first loo stop can be a reasonable 90 mins after leaving! Yes Dorothy - I always allow at least an hour and a half before leaving the house - but that's because it takes me so long to wake up.

Interestingly - whatever is going on with my body nowadays makes me sleep very deeply - so I rarely wake in the night to pee - but the downside is I snore ( well doesn't bother me!) , get very thirsty in the night (presumably due to the latter) but have a really heavy head every morning until I have imbibed the said pint and the caffeine has done its magic  ::).

I do spend the mornings peeing though and yes searching out loos - never passing up an opportunity to visit one if one presents itself while out - and having no shame at dodging behind bushes - or even footpaths in the open with husband keeping guard if there are no bushes (luckily I live in the country)!! Also of course have the handy purple Wizzaway but do prefer the conventional squat rather than risk er wet jeans  ;D

Perhaps I should try water one morning and see if I still need to go - but then how would I get going?!

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 08:06:22 PM »

Interesting topic. I have friends who are the same as this and planning a first thing in the morning trip is a nightmare for them. They are also searching for a solution but both of them have always been like this so menopause isn't to blame in their case.

I don't go enough apparently. I don't have to get up in the night but go when I first wake up then I go again (on a work day) at around 10.30 and then not until I get home around 4.30. Sometimes I miss the 10.30 one. I drink what I think of as a normal amount - two cups of tea before leaving in the morning, three or four during the day while at work plus frequent water. Tea when I get in and then water and tea during the evening - maybe wine too.  ;D

I envy you your deep sleep Hurdity but not your slow waking up. I'm still not sleeping for long at a time but do wake up straight away. I work with someone who doesn't really "come round" (her words) until lunchtime and feels really heavy headed no matter how much sleep she has had. Sorry - off topic...

Taz x  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 11:26:44 PM »

You may be right Stellajane  ;D ;D

Taz x

ancient runner

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 11:19:28 AM »

I am up 3 times in the night if my bladder VA is playing up. Now the Femoston's kicked in I have had a couple of nights where I have slept through.
I'd agree that the mechanism (is it Vasopressin) which is supposed to suppress nocturnal urine production seems not to work properly sometimes - some nights I get up and wee gallons and other times my bladder just feels full and sore. But the oestrogen does seem to be a factor as well.
Also when my bladder VA is bad I have a very sore bladder from when I've drunk my first cup of tea to late morning.
Pages: 1 [2]