Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unrelenting bladder symptoms  (Read 6524 times)

maelynn

Re: Unrelenting bladder symptoms
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 11:36:07 PM »

Hello there.
Ask your GP if you can try a medication called Oxybutanin.....it stops the bladder muscle being well jittery is how I would explain it......I'm a retired nurse and used it all the time for kids and adults with frequency and urgency .....
Hope it helps
Woodlands x
I used that medicine for a few months when I first started systemic and local HRT and it really helped. After the HRT took effect I discovered I no longer needed it.

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 05:18:54 PM »

Hurdity I have no womb so do not need progesterone?

That's right!

Hurdity x

jessieblue

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »

Hi Ladies.  Can I ask if anyone uses D mannose?  Its the cranberry sugar extract that is being bandied about.  I have it and use it to prevent uti.   have no idea if it works but thought it was worth a try.  I cannot tell you the number of people who have told me to drink gallons of cranberry juice.  Including my gp!  She said to keep a carton by the bed and drink after sex.  like I have sex anymore!  Its so confusing because I want to prevent uti so will try anything but thern you find out its all ineffective. I also drink a lot of water, like maybe 4 pints per day on average.  I think my bladder feels better for this so will continue but interested to hear it was used to push sales of bottled water!!  What can you believe?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 05:43:57 PM »

I'm afraid that the Jury is out regarding cranberry juice - however, drinking plenty is important but we do get liquids from the general diet. If you fancy cranberry juice then drink it, people drunk Ribena when I was a kid but I can't stand that either. 

Check the colour of your urine - dark is not drinking enough, light is too much; urine should be straw coloured.  The first pee of the day will be darker and may smell, otherwise it shouldn't have an odour.  The body 'asks' for liquids by being thirsty. 

Some ladies have found D-mannose useful.  Barley water was the suggestion of choice for years but I can't stand the taste  ::).  That goes back to the 1950s when Granny suggested it .......

Make a note of what your liquid intake is by measuring in a pint jug? You could also check by peeing into another jug what your output is ..... for 3 days.  But I found it a real phafff  :D.

jessieblue

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 06:31:07 PM »

Oh CLKD I hate lemon barley water too!  I drank nothing else when pregnant and had such bad morning sickness the taste and smell makes me feel sick! I drink more now than I ever used to, just to try and keep the bladder flushed.  I never used to drink water at all, just teas coffee wine and not much else but my wee was always very dilute and inoffensive.  Even when I had the uti it was pale and clear and totally benign looking.  Yet contained e coli on lab test.  I have spent most of my life being a slave to my bladder.  As a child even, always having to pee two or three times on a journey or going to the shops.  Totally colourless wee but loads of it.  Nervous bladder my mum used to say. I had tests done 9 years ago for all these problems I was only 44 then but had bladder urgency frequency and urethral irritation.  It went of for months and slowly disappeared the less I worried about it. 9 years on and its back with a vengeance! Im glad cranberry juice is a no no.  I get acid reflux and cannot drink fruit juice as its too acidic.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 07:25:28 PM »

Isn't e-coli present anyway?

Currently I am drinking lots of full bodied Coke, plenty of tea, fizzy water .........

jessieblue

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 07:37:07 PM »

Ecoli......I was told shouldnt be present.  Urine should be sterile.  So they told me.  Wow....you are just a total rule breaker you are! Lol. dashes off to fill wine glass!

Maryjane

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 07:41:04 PM »

Urine is 100% NOT STERILE , we have a minimum of 500 bugs in the bladder , it's all about the correct balance of good and bad , those with symptoms are over run by the bad , so the ideal environment is getting the good and bad to live in harmony.

jessieblue

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 08:27:49 PM »

Oh blimey!!  I am so confused.

Maryjane

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 08:33:39 PM »

Professor James Malone - Lee ( UK) and others have found 100s of bugs in the bladder , this was reported along time ago.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 08:37:31 PM »

Oh join the Confused Club  ;D ..... and by the way, I don't mix the Coke, fizzy water etc.   :lol: and Himself makes me a chocolate milk-shake almost every night for me to take my meds with.  I have to be careful of fizzles though or I get bloated!

The point of urine is to void any nasties so it stands to reason that some bugs will cling to the bladder lining, so long as they aren't bad germs sticking .......

Maryjane

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 08:44:09 PM »

Basically the guts/ bladder / vagina are like the Amazon rain forests eco system , good and bad living in harmony .....the added problems of menopause makes this whole problem even harder with the decrease in oestrogen etc.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 08:47:29 PM »

I had intense itching up there at the end of each period, usually in 1 or 2 small 'spots' which of course, was too far up to scratch  >:(  :D
Pages: 1 [2]