Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Peri menopausal  (Read 851 times)

Proseccobubbles

Peri menopausal
« on: February 17, 2017, 09:21:21 AM »

Hi there, I'm new to this. Been at docs as been having terrible night flushes.  I'm 48 and was on the mini pill for ovulation pain and bad pmt. Got results of my FSH blood test. And it's reading very high. Doc suggested repeating it in 3 months.  I came off mini pill at beginning January and as yet have not had a period. Still getting flushes at night and occasionally through the day. Apart from doing blood test Doc was not much help.  Not sure what I expected to be honest as I know it's something all us girls have to go through but feel I'm in nomads land now. Anyone going through similar 😊😊😊

Dancinggirl

Re: Peri menopausal
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:22:04 AM »

hi and welcome to MM
Do browse around to get clued up.  Your symptoms seem classic for peri meno so HRt would be your best bet.  Do look under TREATMENTS at the top of this page for options. Print stuff off from this site, write down your symptoms and questions and see your GP to discuss the appropriate treatment.  Do remember that 5 years of HRT through our 50s will protect the heart and bones for the longer term.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 08:15:19 PM »

Hi Proeseccobubbles

:welcomemm:

I love prosecco too :)

I'm not sure why your doc suggested repeating the blood tests? Apart from having baseline tests for your whole bloods then it is not necessary to diagnose menopause by means of blood tests in women of your age. If your periods are absent and you are experiencing symptoms such as flushes and sweats then this is sufficient to say you are peri-menopausal. However I don't know how long it would take for periods to come back after the mini pill if you weren't peri-menopausal though?

If you find the symptoms interfering with your ability to carry out your life to the full then as Dancinggirl says - HRT would be good! There is a lot of information about menopause on this website (top tabs and drop down menus!).

Hurdity x

Proseccobubbles

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 03:43:09 PM »

Thank you ladies I will have a lot at your suggestions. 😆😆