Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Time running out/aversion to rat race  (Read 7166 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Time running out/aversion to rat race
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 05:14:45 PM »

Also JustJules ideas about HRT have altered in the last couple of years so it might be worth while having a chat with your Practice Nurse or GP/s and get an idea as to what is available.  One has to think about heart and bone protection too.  Quality of Life is my mantra too ;-)

sassy44

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 07:21:11 AM »

I imagine like myself reading these replies we realise even though all strangers we are in fact not alone in our thoughts and worries but just like everyone else. Quite normal. X

Ju Ju

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 03:05:25 PM »

Isn't it comforting? Similar and yet we are all unique!

Justjules

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 04:10:59 PM »

Ha ha, yes definitely Stellajane - retirement at 60 was for a reason for sure!

Ju Ju/CKLD - I will mention next time I go to GP about HRT again.  I was reading up on CFS but not sure I fit a lot of the symptoms though and apparently hard to diagnose. 

katsclaws

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 04:27:09 PM »

It doesn't help that friends the same age as we are have retired. My husband still has to do exams aged 60. (last one was a few weeks ago).  Sadly a work colleague of my husband died a few weeks ago aged 47 from a heart attack and a friend aged 62 a few months ago again from a heart attack. Neither had health problems.

Dorothy

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 05:22:27 PM »

For those of us in our 40s or younger, even retirement at 60 doesn't offer much comfort - that's just over 18 years away from me!   :(

coldethyl

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 05:58:49 PM »

It's funny that since my cancer diagnosis, I've found that I have become much more stoical about the whole " is this it?" thing- when faced with the possibility of slipping off the up escalator sooner, I think the every day becomes much less mundane- I'm lucky in that we retired from our farm early  a few years ago so have time to just potter. People ask me if I have plans for things to do- the famous bucket list- and I don't- I just want more of my boring old life ahead of me. I can understand young people wanting to do stuff if they think life is going to be a short one, but at nearly 51, I reckon if I haven't made effort to do it now, do I really want to do it at all?

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 07:08:10 PM »

I haven't a bucket list other than being able to go out and about without anxiety.  I have had to accept that I am un-likely to visit the Italian Lakes ........

I couldn't face exams. at my age  ::) ...... 

I think it depends on how old we feel as opposed to our real age?

Ju Ju

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 07:23:55 PM »

I'm 21 in my head......!

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2017, 07:29:32 PM »

:rofl:  oh I'm 16  :na: but my body doesn't agree and as for that old woman that I see reflected in shop windows, surely that can't be  :o   :-X

getting_old

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 08:08:43 PM »

I find it interesting watching stuff like A Place in the Sun as so many of the buyers seem to have had something bad happen to prompt them to go ahead with their dream. It's like they got permission to go do what they want to do.

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2017, 08:10:00 PM »

How many actually buy a property?  I love those programmes, it's like going on holiday without needing to travel  ::)

coldethyl

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2017, 08:28:51 PM »

I find it interesting watching stuff like A Place in the Sun as so many of the buyers seem to have had something bad happen to prompt them to go ahead with their dream. It's like they got permission to go do what they want to do.

I can see that - I woke up one morning and remembered the thought that had popped into my head as I was coming out of my dream.. Don't wait for others to give you permission to be yourself .. It just happens that doing nothing much and not being ambitious nor living a life at break neck speed like many of my friends is me being myself.

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2017, 08:30:42 PM »

I can sit back and watch where others are 'going wrong'  ::) - a lot of the problem is compensatory culture in that parents work long hours then give the kids everything except time - therefore dashing here and there to fit in out of school activities and they all end up exhausted! 
Pages: 1 2 [3]