Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Insiders guide to the Menopause: BBC2 Scotland, 9 pm Thur 16th Feb 2017  (Read 42611 times)

Jackanory

Re: Insiders guide to the Menopause: BBC2 Scotland, 9 pm Thur 16th Feb 2017
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 10:20:55 AM »

I watched the programme and enjoyed it very much, coping with the menopause seems to involved eating huge amounts of cake ;D It seemed though that most people ended up on HRT, and reading this forum it seems a lot of people end up on HRT. I would have liked to see more of how people manage without HRT. I didn't really believe in the magnet down the pants solution. Is there anything else that actually works. HRT is not an option for me, I have begged and pleaded with GPs for the last couple of years for some hormonal help but because of a family history of breast cancer, and also the fact that I still have regular periods, they flat out refuse to give me anything. They have offered me Prozac which to me seems ridiculous, my problems are caused by lack of hormones, I am not suffering from a mental illness.

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 08:47:35 AM »

I noticed the cake too (but I'm not a fan of cupcakes - mountains of horrible sickly butter icing!) - and a huge plate of Danish pastries in one house! Menopause = comfort eating = cake!  ;D Perhaps they should have had piles of grapes, blueberries and clementines instead to get the message across about lifestyle, weight and of course blood sugar levels!

I have commented on your introductory thread. As you say Prozac should not be offered for the physical symptoms of menopause if HRT is an option.

Hurdity x

laquesabe

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 09:24:50 AM »

I agree that it was a excellent albeit a very medicalised view of the whole menopausal experience.

dahliagirl

Pages: 1 [2]