Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Endometrial cancer  (Read 4611 times)

shrimpette

Endometrial cancer
« on: January 24, 2017, 01:18:05 PM »

Hi, GP has referred me for further tests post one off bleed, 4 year post menopause. I had a watery discharge (now cleared up) and have period like pain and achy legs.
 I've just read this on the NHS website (demon google) and I am a bit alarmed. 2 week wait for referral now. Had a pelvic exam, cervix looks ok...I find speculum exams so painful now. What do you think of this entry? Haven't read this anywhere else. I still have on-going urinary urgency.

If womb cancer reaches a more advanced stage, it may cause additional symptoms. These include:
•pain in the back, legs, or pelvis

Shrimpette

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Endometrial cancer
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 01:19:46 PM »

Did your GP refer you after you had read this item or B4?

2 weeks is the usual waiting time in the UK for an NHS appt.. 

shrimpette

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 01:55:30 PM »

Referral before I read this...

This sums up how I FEEL RIGHT NOW...

The lack of estrogen and progesterone also results in no more periods for most women, with some shrinkage of fibroids.  Unfortunately for some women, fibroids may often not shrink enough to alleviate symptoms such as frequency of urination, back pain, pelvic pressure, abdominal dissension and bloating, leg pain, and others.  Still other women may have degeneration or “calcification” of their fibroids, leading to worsening or persistent symptoms of pain and in some cases bleeding and discharge.  For these women, removal of the uterus may be a helpful procedure that can eliminate years of suffering from fibroids, even into menopause.

coldethyl

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »

I was diagnosed with very early endometrial cancer last October when they performed a radical hysterectomy for ovarian cancer- In a way I was lucky to  get two primaries as it was only the spotting at the end of my periods that raised any alarms. Most endometrial cancers are caught in the earlier stages so your GP is doing all the right things referring you on the cancer pathway which gets you seen asap. In hindsight I had aches in my legs and groin that I guess could have been down to the cancer(S) but my womb cancer was not detectable on ultrasound or CT scan although GP did think I had a enlarged uterus on pelvic examination and early changes were only found on biopsy. It could also be fibroids, but I think the pelvic exam would pick them up.
Try not to worry , which I know is far easier said than done. My gynae link nurse said that womb cancer was usually very treatable as womb very good at containing cancer. The hysterectomy sorted that aspect of my illness out.
x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 02:10:43 PM »

Thanks coldethyl .........

shrimpette

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 06:58:34 PM »

Thanks Coldethyl, I am so glad you are ok. My GP just used speculum briefly but didn't palpate my abdomen.
I'll just have to wait ...the NHS website said pains in legs was sign of advanced EC, so I was very alarmed. Did you have any other symptoms?

coldethyl

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 08:59:31 PM »

The only symptoms I can directly attribute to my womb cancer were the endless spotting I'd get between periods and periods that went on and on though very light- I was lucky that I decided to mention this in passing to my gp who started ball rolling on investigations - turned out to have early womb cancer and much more advanced ovarian cancer - the womb primary probably saved my life as I had no symptoms of ovarian cancer until the week of diagnosis when I felt like something was pressing on bladder and bowel. With hindsight I had felt tired for a few months and run down which may have been cancer or post vital fatigue as I'd had labyrinthitis earlier in year. As I said, a hysterectomy sorted out the womb issue and surgery removed the ovarian tumour and associated pelvic bits and pieces - currently having chemo to make sure everything destroyed. Of course you are bound to be worried but you are getting the right investigations and hopefully it will be something or nothing x

Lesley Joy

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 01:59:19 AM »

Hi,

I had a one off period, 3 years after finishing at 48. I had that ovulation pain then 10 days later I started a period with pains.

My gynae did a D&C to find out if there was anything sinister going on, but there wasn't, it was just the final surge. So it can happen even a few years afterwards.

Hope this is all yours was.

Lesley x

shrimpette

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 09:20:04 PM »

Hi Megamind, sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she is ok.

Thanks for making that distinction.

xx

shrimpette

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 09:23:01 PM »

Thanks coldethyl, take care of yourself. xx

shrimpette

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 09:25:15 PM »

Thanks Lesley, I will just have to try and manage my anxiety over the next few weeks and hope for the best. It's the waiting and speculating...

Shrimp xx

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 09:45:46 PM »

It certainly is the waiting, too much time for the brain to get into a high gear  :sigh:

:bighug:

sidse

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 02:23:49 PM »

Hi,
Just posting to send my support. I had a biopsy on Dec 30th and received a letter today to say all is well. The wait was awful although the doctor taking the biopsy did say that everything looked fine so that reassured me a little.

Cassie

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 03:21:55 PM »

I get achy legs every time I have a withdrawal bleed from the utrogestan, I think it kinda goes with the period...I would not stress, do no google, its the worse thing to do, one inevitably picks up the big C in almost every symptom you have.