Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: prozac  (Read 12718 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: prozac
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 08:07:00 PM »

ANGRY!   ::) ...  after 3 weeks I stopped taking it.

Hamilton

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 08:47:21 PM »

Oh will keep an eye on that ,thanks x

Samade

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 10:33:57 PM »

I was on it a couple of years ago and after the initial month it was really good wish I'd stayed on it

Hamilton

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2017, 07:35:09 AM »

Did you feel it worked for you  :)

Hamilton

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2017, 08:12:09 AM »

Can you take camomile tea when you are on Prozac

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2017, 11:30:26 AM »

;D. why would you .......

Hamilton

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2017, 12:34:56 PM »

I always drink it and other herbal teas

Samade

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2017, 12:42:16 PM »

It definitely worked for me but took a while to kick in

Hamilton

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2017, 01:32:53 PM »

Thanks samade struggling today don't know if it's bad cold or Prozac today really hot and fluy

Samade

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2017, 02:04:09 PM »

I struggled a lot at the begining, I'd get a bit better then have a dip and then get better then dip, eventually the ups were more and the dips got lesser . I hope it works for you, when it does it is really good. Plus when it was time to come off I did it slowly and had no side effects. Just hang in there x

Hamilton

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2017, 02:25:52 PM »

Thanks ,got ginger sweets to help with the feeling sick ,give it to fri and then maybe phone doc to see what she says x

Hamilton

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2017, 05:27:03 PM »

Well girls decided today Prozac is not for me ,this was day four and I felt horrible really bad symptoms ,I was put on it for low mood ,anxiety and flushes ,I am sure there is something else you can do for anxiety that's my main one so if anyone has good advice please help

coldethyl

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2017, 11:19:30 AM »

All antidepressants have start up side effects and I suspect your GP will say 4 days isn't long enough to see if things will get better. That said, if your anxiety is getting worse it could be that something else would suit better as I recall my GP saying she wouldn't prescribe Prozac as it elevates mood and this is not ideal if you are already anxious as it can make it worse. She suggested Citalopram but I could't take that as on betablockers so I ended up with Sertraline which I couldn't recommend to my worst enemy as the suicidal thoughts were terrible and the agitation. There are lots on market to try so maybe go and have a chat with your GP again.

Tempest

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2017, 11:31:42 AM »

Just a note: GP can prescribe a short course of very low dose diazepam to ease the start up. Anxiety can increase on SSRI's at the start of treatment. It's worth phoning to ask! Also, maybe switching to an SSRI might suit you better as these seem to be better tolerated with less of a 'wired' feeling for many. xxxx

babyjane

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2017, 01:59:13 PM »

It was about day 4 on Citalopram when I phoned the pharmacist at the GP surgery as the side effects were as described on the leaflet and I didn't like them, they were getting worse.  the pharmacist explained about start up side effects and told me to give it another 2 days and if no better stop taking them and ring the surgery.  For the next 2 days I thought 'I can stop them and ring the surgery tomorrow'.  Then 'I can stop them and ring the surgery tomorrow'.  On the 6th day the side effects were no worse so I thought 'I can stop them and ring the surgery tomorrow'.  I never did as the side effects started to improve.

I believe Citalopram and the sister drug Escitalopram are better for anxiety than Prozac which, although an SSRI, is more suited for depression and low mood.

Anyway after 4 weeks I transferred onto the Escitalopram (along with Propranolol, coldethyl, and I am fine on both) and I have not looked back.  That was over a year ago and I am still doing ok.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4