Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mood swings after period  (Read 8378 times)

Tempest

Re: Mood swings after period
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 12:14:51 PM »

Bananas are many a lady's  saviour on here, Jo! Balancing blood sugar is very important as it goes haywire during periods of hormonal fluctuations. I'm so glad you're receiving such good holistic support via your psychologist. xxxxx

jorainbow

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 12:23:39 PM »

Thanks Tempest - he is v good.  Saw him years ago and this time I've only seen him once but he's a mine of information. Next session 23 Feb but he's always on the end of an email. Advocate of meditation too 😊😊

Tempest

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 12:30:01 PM »

That's fantastic, Jo! May I ask, is he NHS or are you seeing a private psychologist? I'm thinking about tapping into private therapy myself - the waiting list via the NHS is pretty horrendous where I live (but I think that's also true of most of the country)!

jorainbow

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 01:06:29 PM »

Private based in Harrogate. Initial session was 3. 5hrs at £50 and sessions after are around 2-3 hrs (same cost) which makes it very affordable.  Also as he's happy to see as frequently as I like. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 01:14:07 PM »

:-\.   -    it really does depend on what you eat for your evening meal.  I don't think that the body burns off in the night as in the same way when we are more active, but cortisol is responsible for most early morning 'dips', not what we have eaten.

If you eat every 3 hours for the rest of your Life those dips will lessen because your blood sugar levels will be more even.  It took me a few months to remember to eat B4 my body was hungry  ::) - because by then it was too late and I would be dropping with anxiety.  It annoyed his family a lot because I often needed to eat B4 they did, they would suggest a 12.30 lunch time but then wouldn't start cooking until that time, I got so that I took my own food! that didn't go down well either so I told them to treat me like a diabetic - "you wouldn't query that diagnosis would you? "  ;)

It takes practice!  Which is why it is important to have bananas etc. to hand B4 required. 

Many years ago I worked for a Consultant who recommended the use of yoga, at a time when the suggestion was thought 'way out'  ::)

Tempest

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 01:21:33 PM »

Thanks, Jo! That's about comparable with what we have here, except sessions are shorter at an hour to an hour and a half each. xxxx

jorainbow

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 01:27:46 PM »

Tempest im waiting for cbt via nhs but thought I deserve this so I'll spend the money!

CKLD - bought a huge bunch of bananas and am following your three hourly advice  and also drinking more water. Also taking metatone as a supplement which traumatised my mum briefly as she thought I said methadone 😂😂😂😂

Tempest

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 01:51:14 PM »

:rofl: Gotta love when Mum's get it wrong.......

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 02:16:26 PM »

Oh pleeeaaassseee  ;D - bit like my Mum when she had hallucinations in Hospital recently: the Dr was cutting up leaves 'in that corner over there' and boiling it 'in that kettle on that table' and handing out to the other patients.  I didn't get any, probably optimum' ..........  ::)

That's eating every 3 hours even in the night  ;) so after a bathroom visit have a biscuit!

jorainbow

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 02:34:30 PM »

Ginger nuts in my bedside drawer 😂😂

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 02:47:10 PM »

:-X my I giggle  :D

jorainbow

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 04:54:34 PM »

I need a good giggle. Husband just walked off mid me having a bit of a meltdown.  Won't answer phone.  Pass me a bloody banana  😊

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 05:19:36 PM »

Has he taken the phone with him, mine often doesn't  :D

jorainbow

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 05:43:30 PM »

Yes he did! He turned up when I was out with the dog and as he stropped off minus keys couldn't get in. I said I'd be back in 5 but noooooooooo he had to go off in another sulk.  I feel like I'm being transported back to 1996 when my second son was two........ 😂😂

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 07:16:35 PM »

;D

Are you in the warm yet?
Pages: 1 [2] 3