Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleed during green tablets eleste duet 1mg  (Read 833 times)

kdee69

Bleed during green tablets eleste duet 1mg
« on: December 09, 2016, 11:09:55 PM »

Hi.
I've been in eleste duet 1mg for about a 15 months now. I had a two month break from Feb-mar due to a potential other issue but doctor advised I could go back on. Initially my "period" can a day or two after the last green tablet but since re-starting them my "period" starts with 3 green tablets to go ( so 5 days earlier than before). I know when I went back on it, I wasn't as sure when my period date was so I just estimated.
My question  is this, does eleste control my cycle a bit like the contraceptive pill did or if it doesn't, should I forget the last three tablets this time and move to the white as soon as my period starts to try and get in sync?

dazned

Re: Bleed during green tablets eleste duet 1mg
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 10:34:42 AM »

I would keep taking it as you have been,it may well settle back into cycle I sometimes had early bleeds when on it ,then sometimes late ones ie when I was on third or forth white tablet .

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 08:36:13 PM »

Absolutely - if it is very consistent ie 3 days early each month you could reset your cycle but likely as not it will go out of sync again!

It does not control your cycle unlike the contraceptive pill - the doses are too low for this, so if you have an underlying cycle it may well break through. In fact it is normal for the bleed to start just before the end or just after the end of the combi phase. Oral HRT is more likely to lead to slight variations in levels due to absorption/digestive issues so this could explain the early bleed.

Hurdity x

kdee69

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 09:23:58 PM »

Thanks both. Really helpful x