Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Just Joined  (Read 2321 times)

LostLady

Just Joined
« on: December 08, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »

Hello,
I have just joined as I am a bit beside myself. My periods have been gradually declining for 3 years. I am now 45. I have always been level headed, enthusiastic and loving. But have noticed that I am losing interest in work, I want to cry a lot over nothing. I feel unattractive, lost and confused. I feel and look bloated and feel self conscious about that.  I don't know what to do but feel I need some sort of help.

flutterby

Re: Just Joined
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 06:59:12 PM »

Just wanted to say  :welcomemm: lots of ladies on here will empathise with you. Look after yourself, treat yourself and as you have said go and see your GP and explain to them as well. Read as much as you can before you go from this forum and ask questions as they come into your head - you do not have to suffer this alone. Flutterbyx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 07:16:56 PM »

Maybe keep a diary of mood/symptoms/food which can give you an idea as to the ups and downs.

Browse round.  Make notes.  Ask.  Decide what symptom you want to ease first ……..  :welcomemm:

LostLady

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 08:38:33 PM »

Thank you both for the replies, it's just so nice to know I'm not alone in my feelings. Thank you xxx

Luigi

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 10:29:51 PM »

Hello Lostlady
Welcome....I'm 43 and periods have been a bit weird the last year or so but the worst part are the added symptoms that nobody told me about, insomnia , aches and pains, bloated, and mood swings! You are not alone and this forum is great for advice :)

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 03:03:03 PM »

Hi Lostlady

How long is it between your cycles now? If your periods have been declining for 3 years then it sounds like you are well on the way to menopause - if you are perhaps only having a few per year? If they are few and far between, and are getting menopausal symptoms, and you are only 45 then you should really be thinking about taking HRT at least until the natural average age of menopause which is around 51/52, to help protect your bones and heart as well as improve your well-being and outlook. Are you also getting flushes and sweats? These often start when women go a couple of months or more without periods, although some unlucky women get them before peri-menopause starts and when periods are still regular.

Please do not suffer - there is help available at this challenging time :). Do ask about anything we might be able to help with.

Hurdity x

Springer

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 07:08:08 PM »

Welcome. I can so relate to much of what you're saying!  :welcomemm: iknow you'll get lots of support here x

Pam Madra

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 02:28:17 AM »

It is knowledge that we are all in same thing helps a lot for all of us. I wonder if there is any hope?

LostLady

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 01:26:46 PM »

Thanks Herdity for your reply.
I have been getting sweats too and probably have 4 or 5 periods a year now. Seem to be continually wondering if today is the day for my next one!! You mentioned HRT, I have been concerned about it because my Mum didn't have a very good experience. I don't think I know enough about it yet so will make an appointment with my Doctor to discuss it further.
LostLady xxx