Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Tibolone diary/experience  (Read 64850 times)

Annie0710

Re: Tibolone diary/experience
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2017, 12:17:29 AM »

Aw great post Sooze xx

warwick01

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2017, 09:43:57 AM »

Thanks for the update Snooze

Helps us newbies ;)

Wxx

Tempest

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2017, 01:15:07 PM »

Thanks for the update, Sooze! That's great news and very encouraging. Day 5 for me today - as you say, patience is a virtue ( I'm not usually that virtuous, but I'm trying)!  :) ;) xxxxx
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:25:08 PM by Tempest »

Hurdity

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2017, 05:27:59 PM »

Glad you are feeling upbeat Sooze and interesting about the alcohol :drunk:

I can see you having good times ahead  :)

Hurdity x

Sooze

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2017, 07:50:11 PM »

Hi all, as I've now started my 6th pack of Tibolone and have therefore completed 5 months of treatment I think now is a good time for an update.

I've continued taking it mainly at mid day (or thereabouts) for those interested.

Concerns from my last update - sensitive skin & dry eyelids & neck have resolved, I have reduced the Vagifem to every 4-5 days but continuing with small amount of Ovestin externally every night.  This is continuing to manage and keep the VA well under control.

No return of the headaches, had maybe one or 2 twinges lasting seconds since last post but nothing else.

Had a couple of short lasting hot flushes - when I say short I mean 10-20 seconds when I've woken up.

Hair.  I think my hair is growing faster than it has done for a while over winter but is no thicker.  No increase in amount of body hair, but again growth is quicker, probably more like it was 10yrs ago.

Had a couple of episodes where I've felt a bit restless at bedtime where I've been a couple of hours late taking my dose.  I've also had 2 panicky episodes when trying to get to sleep.  Not too bad, but annoying as I've not had these for a while.

Joints pretty good, flexibility improving still and back to regular exercise following Xmas cold.  I appear to have lost 4lbs, but not sure how, and I think my body fat distribution is changing.  My waist is getting more defined, stomach a bit flatter (possibly).

Libido - pretty much the same and nobody is complaining  ;)

So still all positive, as far as I'm concerned, and massively better than what I was 'putting up with' before Tibolone.  I do think that unless you experience intolerable side effects then it's worth trialling for at least 4 months to see how things settle out.

Annie0710

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2017, 08:55:07 PM »

Great update Sooze

I'm on pack 2 and still feeling ok xx

Tempest

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2017, 09:11:18 PM »

Thank you so much for sharing, Sooze! This is very encouraging to us newbies. I'm so glad you're feeling much better on this regime! xxxx

Sooze

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2017, 03:06:39 PM »

Just a caution and a heads up for those on or going to try Tibolone.  I think I have a problem with Tibolone and diet ginger beer - yes I know it sounds strange but here's a bit of background. 

I gave up all diet fizzy drinks over 23yrs ago, before I got pregnant with my 1st child.  I'd progressed to regularly drinking 2 cans/day & felt it might be having a detrimental effect on me.  Recently (last 2yrs) I've drunk a can diet ginger beer maybe 4 times/week up to the middle of last year, when you couldn't get it at our local supermarket.  Now it's been back in stock since maybe last Oct, and I've had weeks when I've not drunk it, but recently gone back to my regular drinking (with evening meal around 7pm).

It occurred to me a few days ago that maybe this might be interacting with the Tibolone, so I've stopped drinking it and switched to fizzy water with fresh lemon.

Well........it may be a coincidence but my libido has taken a turn slightly upwards and I'm settling better at night.  Whether non diet drinks would have the same results who knows, but I'm keeping off everything except water & lemon & see how it goes.
Just might be worth dropping the diet drinks for those who aren't having a libido improvement on Tibolone.

Annie0710

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2017, 03:26:18 PM »

Omg Sooze how interesting !
Thanks for the heads up, I love my Diet Coke x

abbyH

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2017, 06:18:50 PM »

Great updates and I'm about to join the Tibolone tribe!
Will post updates as and when. Thank you ladies all so much for sharing your experiences!

Abby xx

Annie0710

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2017, 07:18:34 PM »

Forgot to congratulate you Abby !

I really hope this is your answer x

abbyH

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2017, 08:30:48 PM »

Fingers x'd! and if I feel ok maybe adding testosterone too is way to go.. I've read good things about this combo.. For me I think the weakly estrogenic properties of Tibolone will work.. but who knows? will keep you all updated!

Abby x

Tempest

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2017, 08:31:19 PM »

Thanks, Sooze! I'm thinking it's probably the aspartame in the diet drinks. I haven't drunk fizzy drinks for years after a nasty bout of gastritis in peri. I try to keep quite 'clean' with what I eat and drink now. I'm also trying to completely drop my antihistamines and wonder if these are blocking the Tibolone somewhat. I think it's a very unique drug indeed, and who knows what may interfere with its actions?

Tempest

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2017, 08:35:29 PM »

I'm so pleased for you Abby! Personally, I think you'll be fine on just the Tibolone. You'd probably have a huge fight on your hands to be prescribed both! It's in various studies that Testosterone shouldn't be used with Tibolone, although I know at least Blakeygray is (but she's doing it off her own back after buying the Testosterone gel abroad). Just take it a day at a time - it takes time to adjust but we'll all be here to support you! :) xxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2017, 08:52:01 PM »

Abby wait a good while on Tibolone

I think when we take Tibolone our bodies are all different how it is converted into mimicking E, P and testosterone .  You may have the good effects of the testosterone type

I've probably worded it all wrong but hope you understand ! X
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14