Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Tibolone diary/experience  (Read 66631 times)

warwick01

Re: Tibolone diary/experience
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2017, 10:17:52 AM »

Hi Anjia - sorry your feeling rough at such an early stage. You may find after the first month you feel fantastic ;)  lots of women swear by Tibolone and say it's given them their life back.It's always more difficult changing from one HRT to another.

As you've read my experience has been very rocky :( 1-4 weeks were horrendous 4-8 better but still more bad days than good. I have just started week 9 yesterday. I will give it the full 3 months to see if I get my life back.

I was on 3 pumps of oestrogel with separate progesterone b4 I changed.

Try to stick it out otherwise you may always wonder if it could have been the answer!

Some ladies (seems all my friends) have no problems where others like me get everything and more.

Wxx

Blakeygray

« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2017, 11:11:47 AM »

All the blurb says to allow 3 months for tibolone to work, I'm assuming that's why we get 86 tablets per prescription.

I know I was impatient and wanted results the next day. We're all different and process drugs individually.

Stick with it. I know it's hard but don't give up.

warwick01

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2017, 11:27:46 AM »

Hi Blackygray,

How long before you started to feel better? and are you still using Tibolone?

Wx

Anjia

« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2017, 12:27:44 PM »

Thanks so much I had a bad day yesterday bit better today, though I just found a few spots on my face ! Cant remember the last time I had a spotty face x

Anjia

« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2017, 12:31:04 PM »

OH and sorry Tempest you asked about a friend who had a TAH she kept her ovaries thats prob the reason then .

warwick01

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2017, 01:25:11 PM »

Anjia

At about day 8 woke with a big red pimple on my nose...... reminded me of when I was 14 lol went after a few days, no spots since.

Tibolone is a true roller coaster ride for some of us ::) good one day, bad the next. Hopefully there will be ore ups than downs.

Wxx 

Blakeygray

« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2017, 08:23:40 PM »

Hi Blackygray,

How long before you started to feel better? and are you still using Tibolone?

Wx

A couple of weeks and yes I'm still taking 2.5mg a day. I had a hysterectomy at 36 in 2002  and started with menopausal symptoms roughly 6 months later.

I started taking Tibolone 3 months ago,  I wasn't aware of, or prescribed anything previously.

Anjia

« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2017, 08:36:52 AM »

Well not sure now what with the spots I have noticed that my clothes are getting tighter I cannot stand this it gives me anxiety I had an eating disorder but am now a size 12 and feel happy with it.Please tell me this will settle I am not eating anymore than usual maybe I could step up the exercise ?

Annie0710

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2017, 09:08:39 AM »

I've gained some lbs too but I know my appetite has increased

If you aren't overeating maybe your gain will settle and it'll come off ? I'm afraid I don't know for sure

warwick01

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2017, 11:38:41 AM »

Hi Anjia

I was bloated the first few weeks and got some spots. Both settled after first pack Since starting Tibolone I have lost 41b.

Wx

Anjia

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2017, 12:18:56 PM »

Fab news Warwick thanks x

Anjia

« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2017, 09:34:55 AM »

Had the most awful night last night waking up in a panic flushes just tossed and turned all night this hasent happened for ages and I cant stand the thought of it.I wont be able to stay on Tibelone I dont think its going to work ?

Hurdity

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2017, 01:00:20 PM »

Sorry to hear this Anjia. Were you getting flushes on your previous regime - and what dose were you on? Although the usual advice is to keep going with it, it sounds like it is quite tricky transferring to Tibolone from oestrogen only HRT and especially re the different doses (if you were on a higher dose of oestrogen before changing over). Can you keep going for a bit longer as normally the effects on Tibolone are quite dramatic after the first 4 weeks (according to the research - but this is of course in woman who were not on HRT to start with and probably not TAH/BSO either!

I hope you have a better night tonight...

Hurdity x

Anjia

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2017, 02:40:28 PM »

Hi Hurdity for the last four years I have been on estrogen only I started with on 1mg tablet then after about a year 2mg I was doing fine but then I decided to have a go at a patch as I believe its meant to be safer anyway I never really got on with the patch my gp put me on 40mcg which was much to low then it went up to 50 but still I could not get on with it Estrodot it was.My main problem was anxiety it did help with flushes though so to be honest I dont no what the hell to do was estrogen causing more anxiety when it was to high or to low sorry to ramble on and do hope you understand all this I dont like the thought of Tibolone side affects for two more months.x

Annie0710

« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2017, 03:30:22 PM »

I do feel with any hrt you have to prioritise what symptoms you want relieving and work on that basis

I've been on oestrogen hrt for 18 years after my hysterectomy age 32.  My symptoms back then were all physical, night sweats, itching and fatigue etc and 2mg elleste solo completely eradicated them all for 13 years.  At 45 I was literally thrown into it all again but with different symptoms and whilst still on oestrogen....crashing fatigue, social anxiety, low mood, no libido, up and down weight, ridiculous allergies etc

I changed to estradot but I realised I can't tolerate high doses of oestrogen anymore so tried testosterone gel too as by then my ovaries seem to have disappeared. This did help somewhat and I wouldn't rule it out for the future but wanted to try Tibolone.  I feel lucky that I seem to have escaped many of the nasty side effects so far (just started month 3) , my priority is social anxiety which Tibolone does seem to be helping the best but some way to go too, but a definite improvement

My weight has increased and before I started this that was a priority but it's not a deal breaker right now, as my emotional wellbeing is more important

I hope you find the right regime for you

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14