Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Trapped wind - how long and how bad?  (Read 41464 times)

breeze

Re: Trapped wind - how long and how bad?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 04:07:53 PM »

I suffer with this for time to time.  Spotted this. Anything is worth a try ;D

wtofstress.com/relieve-trapped-wind/ww.ou

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 05:35:47 PM »

I haven't read the other replies but I've had this, more often than not, under left ribs.  That area makes some right strange noises too, from grumbling to high pitch squeaks lol

Dr said it's common place for wind and food to trap, she said and the tightest bend (not sure if she was having me on) windeze does help but so does eating little and often

X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 06:08:40 PM »

That's where the stomach is situated.

The trick is to take the Colpermin within the hour B4 eating your main meal. 

Urbanchick

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 08:06:55 PM »

Thank you so much for all the advice.  So far tonight I'm ok - no major stomach ache so hopefully it will start to ease tomorrow.

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2016, 08:29:38 AM »

Glad you are feeling better but, at the risk of sending you into anxiety-mode, I feel you should get this checked out if it returns. The pancreas is situated under the left rib and can become inflamed leading to pancreatitis if not caught early. A friend had this some years ago and her doc was upset that she hadn't mentioned the intermittent left pain to her some months before it then flared up.

Taz xx

Urbanchick

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 10:18:32 AM »

I don't need much to send me into anxiety mode!   The strange feeling has come back today and is now more at side/back - feels like a cross between nerves/stitch and something tickly stuck.    Not pain, just a feeling.     As it doesn't hurt as such, I am hoping it isn't serious.

It's funny - but I am working from home at the moment and haven't been out and about working since Friday - I'm always worse when house-bound as anxiety feeds without distractions.  Plus, I had the dentist a week ago, which makes me anxious these days, so may have unconsciously got into habit of swallowing repeatedly [am doing it now!] so probably trapped wind is the result.

I have, in the wee small hours, managed to persuade myself that as I have had this once before a year ago, and two bouts of upset tummy in the last 18 months I am obviously dying of something dreadful.    Isn't the mind amazing at keeping the health anxiety going?

ellie

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2016, 10:27:18 AM »

I quite often wind pain in my shoulder blade, especially if I eat a bit too much. I sympathise with anyone who gets wind pain anywhere, it HURTS!.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2016, 11:05:34 AM »

Yep.  We are all dying from the day we are born - health anxiety compounds the feelings of doom  :sigh:

Urbanchick

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2016, 09:53:57 PM »

As always, thanks for your support.   This must be a common problem as Boots and my local pharmacy had sold out of Deflatine!    A very windy area!  I got wonder instead and have taken 2 today.

Stomach has churned through the loveliness of Bake off and I have diagnosed myself with at least three terminal illnesses.   Health anxiety is, again , my real ailment.  Doctors tomorrow to get more HRT, so will mention it.   Think tablets have made things worse,  all I can feel is gurgling...

Melly

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2016, 12:24:35 AM »

Yes Urbanchick, I am another who can relate to your left sided trapped wind dilemma.  It also builds up in my lower/upper abdomen, under my sternum & once in my upper back.  I've had it reduce me to tears, it can cause such pain.  I went to my gp the first time it afflicted me & was told it was all the mucus I was swallowing from bronchitis.  I was half doubled over in pain, thinking I was dying until it started releasing itself.

I find laying on my tummy helps, also walking.  I can also relate to the extreme HA it can cause.  Seemingly relentless worry.  It's amazing the places your mind can go.  Please know you are not alone in suffering from this.

breeze

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 10:06:34 AM »

I get mine on the right side.

Perhaps I'm just weird :-\.

Urbanchick

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 10:44:39 AM »

Thanks to all of you.   Have had a fairly sleepless night - stomach churning since 4am!   Have been for a run and now whole lower back hurts!    Sparkle - 'wonder' should have been windeze - was on my phone with auto correct!    I've never taken it before and it is way stronger than the boots own label stuff.   I think it didn't agree with me as I was gurgly all night after taking it.   My breakfast and lunch don't cause any issues [the weird feeling in side just stays the same!], but if I take a wind relief tablet after dinner then I gurgle all night!  Off to GPs in 10 minutes... hopeful.

Bloody health anxiety is probably the real culprit - I start this weird swallowing when anxious and I think then it becomes a vicious circle.   It was the same when I had bladder issues - the GP annoyed me by saying it was anxiety, but it went away...

Megamind

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 12:25:39 PM »

Hopefully the Dr will put your mind at ease. The gurgling is a symptom of ibs and i get it a lot. It's quite embarrassing at work as it makes such loud noises!

Urbanchick

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2016, 12:39:22 PM »

Well - back from GP.   She is lovely and very caring.   She felt my tummy and there was no tenderness.   Strangely enough, it has now moved round to my back aswell - but that could be a muscle thing after strenuous yoga on Monday as haven't done yoga for 8 months.   My back aches when I walk!  She said to take lansoprazole for a month every day, 15mg.   She also suggested a urine test just to rule out kidney infection, so I'll do that tomorrow [although as it takes a week to get result, if it is infection it will hurt like hell by then!].I'll see if that helps and try [very hard] not to panic and over-think it.   My OH always says that if something comes on suddenly it is unlikely to be the big C, and he also points out I haven't had any of the other life-threatening diseases I've worried myself sick about over the last two years!

Onwards and upwards...

Urbanchick

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 12:54:11 PM »

I shall take one tablet later [had to wait for prescription to be ready] and it will then be at least an hour before my dinner.  I will then take your advice and go for first thing.

Here's hoping!   Actually, I'm really hoping I can just keep the HA in check...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4