Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: burning on the outside  (Read 2449 times)

robotwars

burning on the outside
« on: September 30, 2016, 05:13:44 AM »

Well I'm on day 11 of my two week top up with vagiflem and this is my third night with no sleep because it feels like its burning on the outside, it is so sore. I have tried using multi gynae actigel, and yes ointment but nothing is working, it feels awful. I also have a dull ache in the bottom of my stomach and I'm suffering with a head cold at the moment, so that's not helping. I just don't know what to do?
On the plus side I have got the date through for my scan, its in two weeks..................how do you stop the burning on the outside?

Nina

Re: burning on the outside
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 06:40:24 AM »

Some ladies use Ovestin on the outer lips as well as Vagifem so maybe you could ask for this? hope you feel better soon

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 09:03:17 AM »

I found that any problems with outer bits were improved once the vagifem had settled, but I don't think I was as bad as you!

I have found washing with Dermol helpful (which is a cream dermatologists recommend for things like exzema etc, but I have found since is ok for inflamed 'bits') and then applying the actigel/yes oil stuff.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 11:29:55 AM »

Do you think you are having a reaction to the actigel or the Yes lubricant? Maybe give those a miss for a few days and just use the vagifem.
You could also ask for some Ovestin, I use that for the outside areas as well as Vagifem.

robotwars

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 04:26:35 PM »

Thanks for your replies, I don't think its a reaction to the yes gel as I have been using that on and off for ages.
I have tried everything over the last few days, even tried canestan over the weekend, I'm thinking of phoning the hospital tomorrow, as they are the ones who prescribed the vagiflem and see if they have any suggestions......

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 07:55:05 PM »

Sorry to hear about the burning.  When I first started local oestrogen I used the Gyunest pessaries which were waxy and I thought soothing - but these were discontinued.  I now use Gynest cream (now generic Estriol) quite liberally on the outer areas (as well as Vagifem internally) as it is weaker than Ovestin .

Hurdity x

Meadowblue

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 01:30:42 PM »

So sorry to hear you're suffering.  The burning is one of the worst symptoms I think.  Before my recent top up of vagifem I have used Aloe Vera Gel which is in a tube and I bought mine from Holland and Barrett.  It is really soothing and cooling.  Hope this helps.

robotwars

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 04:23:16 PM »

Thanks, I will try anything! LOL

dahliagirl

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 04:45:00 PM »

I often use a breathable panty liner (not the smelly ones  >:( )with gel/moisturiser as it absorbs any wetness, which seems to exacerbate things. (Also any dampness after going for a wee, but TMI  ::) I am sure that this is most irritating)