Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: D-Mannose  (Read 2692 times)

Katejo

D-Mannose
« on: September 29, 2016, 06:45:46 PM »

I am now thinking of getting this following recent UTI probs. Does anyone know whether the powder is any different to tablets? I'd rather go for tablets.
Also is it incompatible with any medication? I can't find anything to say that it is. I note on Amazon that there are different strengths eg. 500mg or 1000mg. Does boots or Holland & barrett sell it in the shop? I could order online but then have to wait for delivery until next week.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: D-Mannose
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 09:16:57 PM »

Speak to a Pharmacist?

Scampi

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 07:20:11 AM »

I get mine direct from the supplier in York (who also supply some pharmacies, but not Boots or H&B).  Where ever you get it from, and whether you go for tablets or powder, make sure it's 100% D-mannose.

I prefer the powder as I can be very flexible with how much I take (4 teaspoons to 'load up' if I feel a tingle, down to a single teaspoon a day for a couple of weeks to make sure all is well after a bout - not that I've actually had a full-blown bout of cystitis since I discovered D-mannose).

I don't think it would have any drug interactions, as it's just a sugar, but the suppliers I get mine from are very responsive to e-mail requests for information, so if you're not sure just drop them a line (or even call them - they have an advice phone line).  I can't give you a link to the website (as they sell the product), but the name will make you think of Niagara!  And if you're in the UK they do same-day 1st class postage.  (I don't work for them - I've just always been very impressed with their service, and the product works!).

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 01:05:40 PM »

I take d-mannose , babies can take it it's very safe.

It's only good for E-coli.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 09:56:06 AM »

I get mine direct from the supplier in York (who also supply some pharmacies, but not Boots or H&B).  Where ever you get it from, and whether you go for tablets or powder, make sure it's 100% D-mannose.

I prefer the powder as I can be very flexible with how much I take (4 teaspoons to 'load up' if I feel a tingle, down to a single teaspoon a day for a couple of weeks to make sure all is well after a bout - not that I've actually had a full-blown bout of cystitis since I discovered D-mannose).

I don't think it would have any drug interactions, as it's just a sugar, but the suppliers I get mine from are very responsive to e-mail requests for information, so if you're not sure just drop them a line (or even call them - they have an advice phone line).  I can't give you a link to the website (as they sell the product), but the name will make you think of Niagara!  And if you're in the UK they do same-day 1st class postage.  (I don't work for them - I've just always been very impressed with their service, and the product works!).
Hi Scampi  Think i have found the right website. Was initially puzzled by the Niagara clue but it clicked once i had googled D Mannosa York!  I have ordered just 1 to try as it isn't cheap. Do you use it continuously as a prevention or just if you feel early symptoms?