Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bowel changes  (Read 2554 times)

Spangles

Bowel changes
« on: September 27, 2016, 06:04:13 AM »

Hi
Does any one find that their bowel habits change at different stages of their cycle?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Justjules

Re: Bowel changes
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:26:49 AM »

Shellb, always had loose bowels when I had my period (gosh, what's one of those....been at least 8 years  ;D).  Quite normal from what I know.x

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 10:44:54 AM »

Always had a problem with constipation, especially around the progesterone phase.  Period used to coincide with suddenly being able to go comfortably 8)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 05:44:00 PM »

Yep.  4 years, 10 min.s to a bleed starting even if a period wasn't due, I would have 'the runs'.  Couldn't travel anyway at that time of the calendar HORMONES  >:(  ::)

dangermouse

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 05:51:31 PM »

High oestrogen causes slow transit through the small intestine (according to a medical article in a newspaper I read last week and my peri experiences) resulting in constipation and SIBO type issues. Low oestrogen in post-menopause apparently rights this issue but can cause diarrhoea initially, but I've not got to that stage yet - although I did go from one extreme to the other when I had severe oestrogen surges earlier in the year.

So it makes sense that even in a normal cycle you may have obvious bowel changes. Its also apparently why women get drunk more quickly than men as the alcohol hangs about in our sluggish systems for longer!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 05:56:17 PM »

I did have a slow bowel in that I would miss a couple of days ……… can't remember at which point of the cycle, I do remember 'the runs' though  :-\

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 06:00:47 PM »

Mmm! The constipation just got worst. With swings to diarrhoea. Never saw a pattern, other than looser when I started periods, which came when they wanted to. Now post meno.

Melly

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 07:08:16 PM »

Yes. Defo loose bowels = period approaching. 

soniad

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 05:57:26 AM »

Yes, definitely.

I have always suffered from hormonal constipation, especially before my period.

Since peri it got worse with bouts of a few months at a time in the last 2 years.

I had a colonoscopy and all checked out fine.

I think HRT has improved my motility. Probably too early to tell though as I have only been on it for 2 months.

Spangles

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 06:33:39 AM »

Thanks for your replies,
It was just a question I had to ask, I've noticed a pattern at differ times in my cycle, I just wanted to ask if anyone else has this too. I'm not worried about it, just annoying when the runs come and you have to be at work or some where else!
Thank you
Shellb
xXx