Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel sequi patches  (Read 1684 times)

maryware

Evorel sequi patches
« on: August 27, 2016, 01:09:03 PM »

I am new to this forum, started evorel sequi patches 6 weeks ago after a long wait due to dealing with a dermoid ovarian cyst. This was removed with one ovary in June. I went for hrt to help horrible hormonal migraines lasting up to 12 days, probably linked to low progesterone, and all the other peri stuff - hot all the time, tired and achy etc. Asked for patches in case tablets made the headaches worse, as I have reacted badly to cyclogest in the past. Now all this stuff in the news on the breast cancer links, and I'm not sure that the patches are even doing anything. Is it worth keeping going for the whole 3 months before going back to GP? I was desperate for them but if they aren't having an effect...
Also, does anyone else have, not so much hot flushes as just a permanent sense of being way too hot, even when everyone else is cool? I feel like I'm running a temporature most of the time!

Taz2

Re: Evorel sequi patches
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 06:49:42 PM »

Hi maryware - you've come to the right place!

It can take some time to find the right HRT so don't give up yet. Has the Evorel helped with the migraines? The progesterone element in Evorel is Norethisterone which is difficult for some women to tolerate (me included) and can give rise to low mood, PMT type symptoms, depression etc.

I can't really help with the feeling too hot all of the time but I have seen it mentioned on here so I'm sure someone else will be along soon.

You will feel much better now that you have got us lovely lot to talk to and compare notes with.

Taz x  :welcomemm: