Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Saggy skin.  (Read 4531 times)

Dennylou48

Saggy skin.
« on: August 24, 2016, 04:06:02 PM »

Hi has anyone else noticed that there upper arm skin is wrinkley and sags or is it just me. My arms and legs look thinner :/ x

Taz2

Re: Saggy skin.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 04:11:18 PM »

He Dennylou - I'm not sure how old you are but it is a natural part of ageing I'm afraid. The lower level of oestrogen makes the skin thinner and weight is re-distributed from arms and legs to the trunk of the body. You can change shape but still stay the same weight.

This site gives what I think is a good description of what happens during menopause http://www.dermalinstitute.com/uk/library/12_article_How_Does_Menopause_Affect_the_Skin_.html

Taz x

Janice68

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 04:53:38 PM »

Hi has anyone else noticed that there upper arm skin is wrinkley and sags or is it just me. My arms and legs look thinner :/ x

Mine does!!!! As Taz2 says ageing process I'm afraid!!! My legs are fine still skinny there.
That's why Ive turned to exercise and healthier diet to help with the changes that are going on in my body.
Jan x

linz57

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 06:33:56 PM »

Yes,I'm sad to say I too have the wrinkly, saggy skin under the top of my arms. It made me a bit self conscious about wearing sleeveless summer tops last year but this year I just thought " why the hell shouldn't I wear them if I want?"
I've started using my son's weight training dumbells to try and help but I think I've left it too late. It's very sobering when you look in the mirror and wonder where your smooth arms have gone isn't it?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 08:26:46 PM »

I don't look!  I remember my granny had saggy under-arm skin but it was accepted as part of ageing.  I won't stop wearing the tops that I feel comfy in because I sag ;-).

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 08:33:11 PM »

Hi Dennylou48

Yes! I do - have just noticed it this year - it's horrible. My solution is to get as brown as possible and then it doesn't look so bad. I have lost about 10 pounds since last year so i think it's due to that. I first noticed it when I was lying down doing floor work in exercise classes. My legs are also thin but still have quite a big waist - can't get it lower than 30 " despite being fairly slim generally. It is to do with getting older and also the re-distribution of fat after menopause as Taz says

Right on linz57 - I felt self-conscious earlier this year but now I think like you - if anyone notices and thinks yuk - well tough! I get hot and need to wear sleeveless tops most of the summer - at least when it's weather like this!

Hurdity x

Tempest

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 08:47:41 PM »

Indeed! Probably the last few months for me (I'm 47 and in surgical meno., it wasn't like this for me with the sagging even last year)!

I believe it is partly loss of collagen, and partly loss of muscle mass as we age (exacerbated by our loss of hormones of course)!

Oh, the joys!!!!! :o

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 09:56:58 PM »

And me :-(

Also I've developed cellulite ! I can see some on my arms and legs

Great look I'm rocking lately, thin hair, fat stomach and chunky thighs with orange peel dimples , swollen legs and a bladder that can't make up its mind whether it's full or empty

I was size 8 and toned before I morphed into this

Annie x

linz57

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 07:14:00 AM »

Morphed into this....that is such a great way to describe the changes Annie! I look in the mirror ( not very often now I admit) and think " what?? How the hell did that happen?" ;D ;D

Janice68

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 07:43:15 AM »

Yep Annie0710 I've rocked I've got fat stomach. Bladder can't decide whether to go or not or not  too empty properly and as for my thinning hair dosent anything ever let up and many more symptoms too
 Oh the joys of being a woman!!

zelda

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 09:04:20 AM »

Oh I can so relate to all of this. I don't know if anything can tone the saggy arms unless you get surgery and that would leave a scar, never mind. When I get down about this sort of thing I also think Hey at least I am around to experience this so many lovely woman have never made it to 57.

Annie0710

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 10:06:26 AM »

Very true Zelda

I just find it hard because I don't know anyone personally going through it, or if there are, there's no physical signs, they're still jumping around and going to parties at weekends and working full time and not a blemish on them

Annie X

Tempest

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 04:42:27 PM »

Me too, Annie!!!! Most of my contemporaries are still hitting the rock concerts at the weekends. And here's me, rocking the Jabba the Hut look. Niiiiiice............ >:( >:(

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 05:26:49 PM »

It's my saggy boobs which are worst.  :P They cost me a fortune in decent bras!  Thankfully managed to find a dress with short sleeves for son's wedding in 3 months. Phew. No flappy bingo wings on show.  ;D

Annie0710

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 05:32:15 PM »

I forgot to mention my newly acquired muffin top !

Annie x
Pages: [1] 2