Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chronic kidney disease  (Read 4428 times)

Annie0710

Chronic kidney disease
« on: August 23, 2016, 04:52:23 PM »

I noticed my blood results online last night, eFGR came back with consistent with stage 2 CKD unless AKI has been diagnosed

I looked it all up, CKD is chronic kidney disease and it goes to stage 5(the worst) and AKI is acute kidney injury

It says once you're at a stage, you either stay as you are or it progresses, you don't go back to stage 1, which is normal kidney function

I'm not bothered by the result, as in not worrying as it says most people aren't aware they have it, it just means the kidneys aren't working as well as they could be but I was a bit shocked that it says no further action

Shouldn't something like that be monitored yearly ?

Just wondered if anyone else have been told their results

I don't want to lose this new thing of viewing blood results so don't want to bother doc about it but these diuretics she prescribed don't seem to be working and I'm still bloating in my tummy down to ankles, so I might ask about them and slip into convo about the result

Annie X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Chronic kidney disease
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 06:01:12 PM »

Diuretics can deplete salt levels which can cause bloating I believe.  I think you need to have a chat with your GP or Practice Nurse, using the excuse that the odema remains.  My dog had kidney 'failure' so was put onto a special diet  ::)

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 06:04:58 PM »

I am surprised you can see your blood results online, our surgery does not offer this.  It could worry patients unnecessarily as many people aren't aware of medical matters and might not understand what things mean.  We have to ring for results or the doctor rings the patient if there is a issue.  We can request a hard copy of our results but it is at the doctor's discretion.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 06:06:41 PM »

I don't know how to access my results  :-\

By the way, I don't suppose you would fancy the diet my dog was offered  ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 06:25:54 PM »

Lol no thanks to the dog diet
I only got the diuretics the day before the blood test and tried one today as I was at work

It's the new thing, patients rights to be able to access your notes (not full notes) since mar 31.  Test results should've been available soon after but I just stumbled across mine last night checking if I have an appt for meno lady in sept

You have to take ID to surgery and register for online services

I agree some patients will worry, I'm pretty confident if it was something serious they'd be in touch

And I think if you show you won't cope seeing the results they could take back that service

Annie x

Cazikins

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 08:25:13 PM »

I shouldn't worry too much about your results Annie, however I would mention it next time you go in or ring up & ask someone to explain it to you, don't feel you have to justify yourself.

I have access to my medical records online too.
You have to request the facility with your surgery first, they then send you a letter with a USER ID reference, you then set it up & away you go.
My records go back to when I first registered with them back in 2000??. The early records aren't so detailed but the last 10 years or so are quite detailed. Correspondence between my GP/hospital consultants etc are all on there, plus test results. I love it.

I am surprised you can see your blood results online, our surgery does not offer this.  It could worry patients unnecessarily as many people aren't aware of medical matters and might not understand what things mean.   

And it could worry patients too if they have to wait days & weeks to get their results BJ. At least you can always google it like me & Annie  ;D ;D

Cazi x

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 09:02:40 PM »

Thanks Cazi, yeah I'll see how I get on with these diuretics although I'm still uncomfortable in my legs and tummy is super bloated, think it's kiddy portions for me from now on

And I've got the burning feet back, honestly at any given time I can count at least ten symptoms !

I like that I can see what's going on in my medical file, as long as you're sensible with Google and ignore the scary 'what ifs' you're fine researching

Annie X

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 10:21:31 PM »

Are you drinking enough?  The kidneys work overtime when depleted ;-).

Why would the Surgery need ID  :-\ ……… they know me there  ;D

Cazikins

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 10:30:02 PM »

Why would the Surgery need ID  :-\ ……… they know me there  ;D

You don't give them ID - they give you a unique user ID, this then enables you to log on to their website & access your medical record.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 10:37:12 PM »

;D  Annie said she had to take ID to the Surgery  ::) - probably if 1 is un-known there however  :D

Cazikins

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 10:47:53 PM »

Didn't see that bit CLKD  ::)

Annie0710

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 11:37:11 AM »

I can't remember what I had for tea last night let alone what I took to docs last year lol

Yes I remember an ID to verify but thought I needed a form of ID too, whatever I did I followed the instructions

Annie x

babyjane

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 01:36:46 PM »

I have already registered for online access but as far as I know it is just appointments and ordering repeat prescriptions that is available.  I have never seen an option to access test results or medical records when I have been logged in.  I must ask next time I go, which isn't all that often.

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 02:17:49 PM »

There should be an option when you're logged on, I applied and records appeared quite soon but test results have taken much longer

Annie x

babyjane

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 02:41:38 PM »

I logged on and had a look, no records and a disclaimer that tests ordered by a consultant will not be shown online.  No worries, I'm not really that bothered as I always apply in writing for my test results to be printed out for my records.
Pages: [1] 2