Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 5661 times)

Menomale

Hello everyone!
« on: August 22, 2016, 10:13:26 PM »

👍🏻
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:06:27 AM by Menomale »

dazned

Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 07:50:08 AM »

:welcomemm:

Dont worry about your English its much better than my Brazilian   ;D

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 08:43:14 AM »

hello and welcome  :welcomemm:  Your English is very good.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 05:53:34 PM »

:welcomemm:  that would be Portugese? (sp) then …….

Did you see much of the Rio Events?  I've been glued, glad to be back to 'normal', what ever that might be  ;D

Browse round.  Make notes. Do you have access to regular electricity supplies, if so buy a small fan, which can be used in the night too across the bed.  A battery-powered hand-held fan may be useful.  Also cotton sheets and clothing.  Keep hydrated.

Also look out of vaginal atrophy  ::) - apparently as the oestrogen levels drop so the body dries out: that is, skin, eyes, nostrils, vagina ……… VA can begin like irritated bladder/urine 'infections' but is often due to vaginal skin thinning.

Megamind

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 08:52:57 PM »

Thanks CLKD! Yes, it's Brazilian Portuguese... I saw most of the games on tv... unfortunately winter holidays in Brazil are in July not August... I read so much nonsense on media about empty seats, but no one cared to say that most of us were at work not to mention the abusive prices.

Hi Menomale, your English is very good. Just to say when I was watching our coverage of the games in UK, they quite often mentioned that the empty seats were due to the Brazilian people being at work. I did notice it was busier on the weekends. They also mentioned how expensive the tickets were and that some Brazilians would not be able to afford the prices. 

Menomale

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 01:37:32 PM »

Goodbye ladies!

I'd like to thank you all for your help, support and kind words in these last 3 months.

I have been revisiting (and deleting, when possible) my old posts because life goes on and changes are necessary.

My special thanks to Elizabethrose, sparkle, Annie710, Mary G, Tempest, Dawncam, dangermouse, oh.... forvige me, but memory is not good right now.

I'm thinking of starting a Menopause Website here. Wish me luck.

:thankyou: :foryou: :bighug:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:08:49 PM by Menomale »

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 02:46:26 PM »

Oh no !

Why ? I liked Menomale 😢 X

Jenna

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 02:57:14 PM »

Oh no, Menomale, this can't be true. Please come back -  we will miss you far too much. :'(

Cazikins

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 03:33:32 PM »

I would just like to say that I saw a comment to Menomale on here last night that I thought was quite harsh, after what seemed to me just a bit of friendly banter going on between Menomale & someone else - so I am not surprised she has gone! Unless of course I have missed something else?

Menomale, I wish you all the very best with your plan to start a website in Brazil, & I will miss you. xx

Annie0710

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 04:12:10 PM »

That's sad if that's the reason as she was such a sweetie and helpful

I wish her well but more so I hope she comes back

X

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 04:31:29 PM »

Her English was fine although she told us otherwise only a few days ago  :-\ ……….

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 06:07:21 PM »

Good luck with your new website Menomale! I can see from your posts about HRT and treatment etc that protocols are so very different in Brazil, so I imagine it can be quite difficult, as in UK in general and on this site in particular, we are bound to follow guidelines and practice here because the site is managed and run by UK Gynaecologist and Chair of the British Menopause Society. I will miss your interesting posts even though I didn't always agree with them, and as a fellow scientist - I especially enjoyed looking at your links!

However I am puzzled as to why you have deliberately deleted or edited most of your posts  :-\ . This is actually not helpful at all as you did contribute to a lot of discussion including on threads that other members have started. These threads have now been disrupted and no longer make sense. The help you have given to members is now lost. Hey ho they are your posts to do what you like with but very strange all the same!

Cazikins - I haven't been on the forum over the weekend but I can't see any banter or anything that could be construed as harsh - and I really do not understand your "someone else" underlined. Maybe it was an in joke? Sorry but I don't get it!!!!

Sounds like there have been some "goings on" ??

Hurdity x

Cazikins

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 08:17:43 PM »

Cazikins - I haven't been on the forum over the weekend but I can't see any banter or anything that could be construed as harsh - and I really do not understand your "someone else" underlined. Maybe it was an in joke? Sorry but I don't get it!!!!
Hurdity x

Hi Hurdity,
The reason you haven't seen any banter is because you haven't been on the forum over the weekend, & the banter happened over the weekend, plus as you have pointed out, posts have been deleted or edited (by I presume Menomale???). And just to clarify the "harsh" comment has also been deleted - by I presume the original poster.

The reason I underlined  "someone else" was because I was trying to emphasise that the banter was between Menomale & someone else - & not the person who made the harsh comment.

It was just my opinion of something that I saw last night - I'm just sorry that you weren't around to see it, if you did then you might get it!!!

Cazikins x
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:48:32 PM by Cazikins »

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 08:19:05 PM »

Thanks Cazikins ……...

Dana

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 10:11:58 PM »

Everyone has a right to come and go as they please of course. However I always find it a bit sad when people purposely delete their posts in the process. It always seems a little passive aggressive to me.

I used to be on another medical type forum and there was a time limit set on deletion and editing of posts. It was a generous amount, like maybe 7 days or something, but it stopped people from having a bit of a grumpy moment and deleting their posts, which as Hurdity pointed out, does disrupt the flow of a thread. When posts get deleted, or severely edited, it can really make a thread very hard to follow, particularly when in cases like Menomale, these posts contained a lot of linked information.

Anyway, maybe food for thought for Emma and Dr Currie to consider.
Pages: [1] 2