Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Raised Growth Hormone  (Read 2156 times)

Honey

Raised Growth Hormone
« on: July 27, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »

After almost a decade of what I thought was meno symptoms, the worst being severe sweats and sore, stiff joints, I went to the GP.  Now told my growth hormone is raised and have to go for MRI scan of my pituitary gland.  Have googled causes etc but just wondered if anyone had any experience of this at all. Thanks. Honey

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Raised Growth Hormone
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 03:52:56 PM »

Can't see many references on doing a quick search here - do you have a date for the MRI?

Honey

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 04:06:14 PM »

No date yet.  There has been a mix up whereby I did not receive an appointment letter so the hospital DNA'd me, which is very disappointing.  They are now trying to make me another apt.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 04:07:45 PM »

That's awful.  Could you ring and ask for a 'cancellation' at short notice?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 07:20:32 PM »

Maybe have a look at Pituitary Foundation web-site?

Honey

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 08:28:47 PM »

Hi. My GP has offered to write a letter to the Endrocinologist for an apt Asap given the mistake they made. Let's hope it is soon. She told me he is querying acromegaly. 

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 07:46:45 AM »

Hi  Honey - have you noticed any of the acromegaly symptoms?

Taz x

Honey

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 06:08:28 PM »

Yes, I have most of them except headaches. My feet are wider, my rings had to be cut off last year, my lips have never become thin like most people's do, my lower teeth have become really spaced out (dentist just said it happens with age).  Sore stiff joints and severe sweats never seem to get any better.  My blood pressure is borderline high which came out of the blue, it was really healthy throughout all my pregnancies.  Most of these symptoms are similar to ageing or menopause ones so it will be interesting to see what the outcome is.  I am hoping it may be something that can be treated and the worst symptoms ie joints and sweats could be improved.  Don't want to think it might be something sinister.  CLKD, thank you for the web page, I will follow this up. x x

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 07:49:05 PM »

It does sound like you "fit the bill" for acromegaly Honey. It's good that you are finally being investigated. It's difficult when symptoms are the same as for menopause. I'm sure you will feel much better once this has been treated.

Taz x  :hug: