Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: burning sensation  (Read 2218 times)

Dee46

burning sensation
« on: July 27, 2016, 08:54:21 AM »

I have just started 2 weeks ago on Femoston 1/10, but prior to that I came off the mini pill for blood tests approx 7 weeks ago. 2 weeks after I came off the pill I went to bed & had a burning sensation as if I had cystitis so went to the toilet again & nothing really came out, this has been on & off for the last 7 weeks now so not sure if it was just a coincidence of coming off the mini pill or that I may have an infection, I have had cystitis before & as far as I can remember that is everytime you go to the toilet not just now & again, this burning can happen any time of the day & sometimes can be worse than others & I feel I need the toilet again, do you think I should try something over the counter or make another trip to the GP?

babyjane

Re: burning sensation
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 09:59:07 AM »

Dear Dee46, personally I think it could be a good idea to ask your GP for Vagifem which addresses vaginal atrophy and this can cause the symptoms you describe.  VA is not only about the vagina becoming dry but the urethera also dries out through lack of oestrogen and it is the discomfort from this that can make you feel as though you need to wee when you don't.

I had this to the point I was referred to the continence clinic and given medication but once I was given topical oestrogen in the form of Vagifem I never looked back and I learned about it from this forum, not from my doctor.

Vanessa1

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 10:10:03 AM »

Hi Dee,

Here's the link I was talking about:

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php

There are lots of options to have a look at  :)

Dee46

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 12:35:17 PM »

Thanks for the info babyjane that is exactly it I feel like I need another wee & it can sting afterwards, is it not excruciating at the moment but I think I need to get it seen too, although called the doctors & cannot get in today, I am sure I will be telling the doctor something that she is unaware of again & she will probably tell me it is cystitis!!!

Vanessa thanks for the link I have taken a look & see that there is cream, does this come with an applicator? I take it the tablets are just put up by fingers?

It is good to have the support from members here as I have learnt a lot about these peri problems!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »

When I stopped The Pill after 11 years I had awful thrush  :-\ ………..

Make sure that you drink plenty and do ask for vaginal atrophy treatment.

Vanessa1

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 12:52:30 PM »

Thanks for the info babyjane that is exactly it I feel like I need another wee & it can sting afterwards, is it not excruciating at the moment but I think I need to get it seen too, although called the doctors & cannot get in today, I am sure I will be telling the doctor something that she is unaware of again & she will probably tell me it is cystitis!!!

Vanessa thanks for the link I have taken a look & see that there is cream, does this come with an applicator? I take it the tablets are just put up by fingers?

It is good to have the support from members here as I have learnt a lot about these peri problems!!!

Hi Dee :-)

No worries;  I Use the Ovestin cream which comes with an applicator but you can also use the cream on the outside areas (which is where I have trouble).

I'm not sure about the tablets but someone else will be along who can tell you :-)

The things we have to do!!!!!!! xx

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 03:01:42 PM »

I had so much treatment for cystitis but once I was established on the vagifem I have never had the symptoms of cystitis in over 5 years.

Vagifem pessaries are tiny and come pre loaded in a slim applicator.  The ovestin and estriol creams come with an applicator too.  No shoving fingers up  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 03:50:29 PM »

Used at night there's less 'leakage' = less mess  ;) and means more absorption.

Dee46

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 07:00:03 PM »

Thanks for the advice, just need to get to the docs now yet again, feel like I live there just lately !!!