Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lady care magnet  (Read 12069 times)

Sally clark

Lady care magnet
« on: July 26, 2016, 06:36:03 PM »

Hi ive tried lady care magnet which i paid £28.95 in boots for had it a month today think i have positioned it correctly THIS HAS NOT WORKED YET!!! It is a month today was hoping for a miracle !! Im still having hit flushes!! No peroid as of yet! Any help would be appreciated!! Your comments ladies please!!! Sally

babyjane

Re: Lady care magnet
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 06:38:19 PM »

hi Sally, welcome to the forum.  If you type ladycare into the search box you will find quite a few threads about this product which ladies have posted about it.  On the whole I don't think I have read about much success with it but I could be wrong.

RedFraggle

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 09:05:41 PM »

Personally I think they're a complete con and taking advantage.

walking the dog

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 09:20:59 AM »

I agree complete con mine ended up in the bin

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 10:00:45 AM »

It seems a waste to throw it away.  They are expensive.  I would be more sympathetic to them if they were priced so that anyone could give them a go :(

Fridge magnet?

Tie onto a stick for picking up pins?

dahliagirl

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 10:02:46 AM »

Sally - Welcome. Have you introduced yourself on New Members yet?

Hopefully, people there will find you something less expensive and more useful to try  ;)

walking the dog

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 10:11:57 AM »

I did contemplate returning mine but it had been in my Knicks so thought hygiene etc also why didn't fancy using it as a magnet on fridge . A lesson learnt but when your desperate you try anything

Janice68

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 11:10:55 AM »

Sometime back I was going to buy one of these magnets I'm glad I didn't very expensive gadget for a magnet. Problem is you get so desperate sometimes and saying to  yourself you never no too!!

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 11:38:07 AM »

the companies rely on this desperation to sell their products.  I did read about this magnet when I was really struggling but the cost put me off.  I have spent quite a lot on alternative therapies over the years though because, as you say, you just want something to help.

Having come out the other side I now know that this process does start to abate and come to an end eventually but it is a very long process when you are going through it and it changes and affects every aspect of your life physically and emotionally. 

I do not blame women for looking for help wherever they can find it.

RedFraggle

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 07:58:13 AM »

There's a disclaimer on the small print on the box so I don't think trading standards or Boots would be interested. It's disappointing that Boots choose to sell it but at the end of the day they're a retailer.

Jennie

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 02:57:58 PM »

I bought one as I was so desperate to stop hot flushes.absolute rubbish,used it for months.throw it in the bin.Cant understand why they sell them .

littleminnie

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 05:42:01 PM »

Sold mine on eBay.

Dorothy

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 05:44:38 PM »

I got one for debilitating painful periods when I was in my 20s and having my life completely controlled by them - didn't do a scrap of good.  It does make me angry as the only women who tend to buy them are the ones who are driven to desperation by health issues.  I wouldn't mind so much if it were just appealing to the 'gadget' buying market, but to take advantage of women who are at the end of their tether really annoys me.

Dennylou48

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 03:12:32 PM »

Hi I have worn one for 3 years now and I don't get full on night sweats or hot flushes, I think that's all it helps with. It's all the other symptoms that piss me off.  :'( I understand women that want to jump off a bridge in menopause .

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2016, 07:57:21 PM »

Well Dennylou48 - you're certainly keen on your magnet to the point of searching for and posting on all the magnet threads including the zombiest of threads - one that hadn't been posted on for 5 years!!! Now that's enthusiasm for you!  ;D

Whilst I am very pleased to hear you are not suffering from hot flushes or night sweats - this has nothing whatsoever to do with the magnet! There is absolutely no scientific evidence to show that it works for menopausal symptoms and there is no known mechanism for it to do so.

In peri-menopause - when periods are erratic and come and go every few months - symptoms also come and go so it is easy to think that it is due to whatever treatment is being used. The only way of knowing if a treatment has any chance of working is to look at the science - anything else falls in the realms of belief!

Anyone else thinking of buying one - just don't waste your money!!! The only ones to benefit are the manufacturers and retailers.

Dennylou48 - I do hope you remain flush free - however when you get deeper into menopause and if these symptoms appear and become debilitating - we will gladly advise you if you want to try HRT :).  What symptoms are bothering you? Perhaps you could start a new thread and maybe we can help now?

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2