Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Pilates  (Read 17037 times)

Janice68

Re: Pilates
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 11:44:36 AM »

Laquesabe are you in the Hampshire area at all? I might have to look for a new class.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:55:31 PM by Janice68 »

Janice68

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 02:00:19 PM »

Are you thinking of giving it a go sparkle? You seem interested in doing it? Jan x

Janice68

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 03:10:38 PM »

Oh bless you sparkle!!

laquesabe

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 03:31:51 PM »

Its great to hear some of you ladies are interested in taking up pilates. I live in Cornwall and if any of you come on holiday here get in touch, please. I would love to help out and do some exercises with you. I know that there are many really good teachers out there and many our age who have lots of knowledge about how our bodies change as we get older.
Pilates is a really good way to strengthen our muscle groups and is not weight bearing as such so we can all have a go. Its so important that we keep fit and well during this transition, isnt it? Its something we hear often and tbh I feel sometimes that it can be like a mantra and the opposite can happen. But I belive its ok to feel fed up and sit on the sofa with a pack of choccy bicis watching crap TV every now and again Sometimes we should give ourselves permission to feel that ;) ;) its ok.
But, when the energy is there, make the most of it and try to get into a routine of exercise, with a friend too. It really does make us feel better. ;)

Janice68

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 03:57:12 PM »

Oh thank you for your lovely post Laquesabe.
I wish you were my teacher the understanding you have about our body going through this change and the knowledge with it too.
Definitely will get in touch if we go to Cornwall too!!

Thanks xx

walking the dog

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 05:31:39 PM »

I'm determined to go on Friday , dont worry about what you cant do no one minds I just lie down in the bits I cant do

Janice68

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 05:43:57 PM »

That's right walking the dog do what you can do!! We always get there in the end!! Patience! ( My favourite song from take that)

Janice68

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2016, 06:52:27 AM »

hi Laquesabe and welcome to MM!

Can I pick your brain please?  I have a hiatus hernia and reflux which has been quite hard to control through perimenopause. 

Would some of the movements in Pilates be a no-no for me?  I can't afford to aggravate my symptoms!!

Thank you!

S x

Hi sparkle, hope you don't mind me asking what is a hiatus hernia?. I've read your other posts regarding this and how very uncomfortable this is and how peri  is making it worse!!!

walking the dog

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2016, 09:07:35 AM »

I have a hiatus hernia sparkle but since I came of ADs I dont suffer so much from the acid reflux only occasionally. Pilates never sets it off so hopefully you may find the same😊

walking the dog

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 09:18:14 AM »

Yes a small one in stomach low down only found out may time ish but it seems ok at moment I also have diverculousus (sp) kinks in bowel which can be painful at times but Pilates us fine. I just feel chilled out afterwards

Janice68

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 11:33:13 AM »

Sparkle it sounds very uncomfortable does meds help? Do you have to watch certain foods and fluids?
Pilates might help!!

I went off to class today I thoroughly enjoyed it. It definitely kept me focused and  I forgot everything for the hour and just concentrated on my exercises and awareness of my body and breathing.

Janice68

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2016, 07:21:35 AM »

It doesn't surprise me that stress will aggravate it either!!! Glad to hear meds help it. It sounds so painful and. Uncomfortable!!

Hope you find a class and give it a go and just see what  happens.

Janx

walking the dog

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2016, 04:43:50 PM »

Off to Pilates not been for three weeks  :(

Janice68

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2016, 06:09:11 PM »

Oh good Wtd, let us know how you get on?
I really do like pilates I actually feel like I'm doing some good to my poor body. I've never been much into excerise but since the peri my mind set is slowly changing that. I enjoy walking including dog walking now as for Pilates it so right for me I've actually found something for me at long last and of course lots of learning too!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2016, 06:11:15 PM »

I enjoy walking best of all.  Anything else is too 'structured' for me  ::)

How did you get on WtDog?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4