Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New member and questions about perimenopause  (Read 5970 times)

Evelyn63

Re: New member and questions about perimenopause
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 07:53:44 PM »

Oh Neon, please have a gentle hug, its horrible feeling as you do, the only thing is that at least coming on here you know you aren't the only one feeling that way.    You may just need a little extra help in the form of some HRT or your GP might suggest counselling or CBT.  The fact that you have so much going for you doesn't actually help when you are feeling low and isolated, in fact sometimes it can actually make things seem worse, I know I felt guilty as if by feeling low I was dragging everyone else down, so would paste on a smile which in retrospect probably fooled no one and try at playing happy families but its a lonely place.

There is always someone on here to have a chat too, and I hope you soon get the right treatment which will help you feel stronger .

walking the dog

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 08:05:53 PM »

Nejon12 , Evelyn is right its really frightening when your not expecting the menopause and the feeling it can bring of sheer terror and dread, but your nit alone lots of us on here understand what your going through there's nearly always someone on the forum . Do you have the number of your local crisis team dont be afraid to ring them if you need to
 big hug xx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 08:40:32 PM »

Hi Nejon12

I started having irregular periods in 2010 and went to see a female GP to ask about menopause. My Mum went through it at 28. The GP practically laughed in my face, I was 39 at the time. I carried on having a weird cycle and went back to see a male GP in 2013. I had blood tests, FSH and LH I think, and told me I had premature ovarian failure. Basically this is a early - menopause under 40.
So here I am still trying to get myself sorted. My biggest mistake was coming off a HRT last year at another GP's suggestion and I haven't been right ever since.
My plan is to get consistency with my new HRT regime and then come off my AD's.

My main symptoms are overthinking, ruminating, crying, mood swings, low mood and energy.
What AD are you on?
Pages: 1 [2]