Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: School bans teachers' playground whistles  (Read 9414 times)

booboo

Re: School bans teachers' playground whistles
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 04:46:52 PM »

How disrespectful, and demeaning to school teachers .. No wonder a lot of kids grow up with little or no respect when its ok to use mobile phones in lessons...Makes me wonder why anyone would want to be a teacher nowadays ..

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 06:17:17 PM »

my daughter is beginning to wonder that booboo  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 06:19:28 PM »

The Head of this particular School rarely came out of the Office, he was due to retire ……. so without an anchor at the top  :-\

booboo

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 06:53:37 PM »

I do wonder at all the idiots and bright sparks that come up with all the rules and regulations, and yet they do not seem to possess the ability to exert or enforce some discipline in the areas they should....

star-mam

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 08:10:40 PM »

Children like whistles - well my 4 year old does, if he gets his hands on one it's me who gets fed up of it far sooner than he does!! They'll be banning fire alarms next - they're far more scary than whistles; now they do scare the children in my work place (under 3 year olds) but hey, they're kind of necessary!

I'm just wondering how serious an injury a post-grad student can get from a falling mortar board
 :rofl:  :neutral:

Ju Ju

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 04:30:39 AM »

I still have my school whistle. Well used and not a scared child in sight. Its only aggressive when used in an aggressive way. There's some daft people out there!

booboo

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 06:50:16 AM »

The police used to use whistles and some dog trainers/owners - I am surprised we still are allowed to have church bells ringing for fear of offending/upsetting someone -sublime to ridiculous

Scampi

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 07:47:50 AM »

Booboo - it's not unknown for people to lodge formal complaints about church bells.  I have a recollection of a case in which the complainer 'won' and restrictions were enforced on the bells  >:(

booboo

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 12:00:40 PM »

Not everyone is religious ( I am not necessarily) so I can imagine there are those that object to church bells & particularly if it disturbs their lie in... I grew up near a church and actually quite liked the sound of the bells & there used to peacocks in the grounds that made quite a bit of noise - oh the memories!

babyjane

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 01:50:36 PM »

so if someone complained about the peacocks screeching.......... :beat:

booboo

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 02:18:39 PM »

um!! Peacock pie maybe? ;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 02:32:02 PM »

A chap moved into the village next to us, then made complaints about the bellringing. He didn't win. Quite right too, but it did cause a lot of upset. The man eventually moved. Should have done his homework. Church, with bells.....bellringing......noise.....do you like that kind of noise......simple!

Ju Ju

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 02:40:02 PM »

The police used to use whistles and some dog trainers/owners - I am surprised we still are allowed to have church bells ringing for fear of offending/upsetting someone -sublime to ridiculous

I think radios overtook whistles as a more effective means of communication, rather than fear of upsetting burglars! DH has an old police whistle, though not his own. Radios were in use when he joined up, but it's a great gimmick when he gives talks, along with his truncheon particularly in the USA, where they marvel how policing can be done without a gun!

Hurdity

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 05:37:11 PM »

Heavens above - re the church bells - they're part of our heritage! I'm not religious either but I love to hear them. They are rung far less frequently in our village these days - bell-ringers used to come regularly to do the peals - they probably don't come so much now because the pub's closed  ::)   :(

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]