Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 271412 times)

Menomale

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #525 on: January 20, 2017, 04:06:15 PM »

Thank you ER, you're the woman  8)

I'm taking one minute at a time... but my body is giving up, migraines are back, acid reflux and coughing (next in line is asthma), no hungry and always prone to tears. My adrenals must be screaming by now.

I try to learn from these terrible experiences, that's all I can think of as positive.

Hope you get new handbag and shoes from hubby  ;)

Machair

« Reply #526 on: January 23, 2017, 07:49:51 AM »

How are we all doing ladies? Thinking of you all. Oestrogen calmed over the weekend - mucus stopped and apart from feeling quite anxious which seems to happen when it drops no bleeding yet- not sure if it will build again or a period will happen. Feel very hormonal so no clues really- it could easily surge again today. :-\

Machair

« Reply #527 on: January 23, 2017, 08:09:27 AM »

Brilliant Sparkle let's hope you are on the final stretch.

My hairdresser was telling me she is now 12 months after her last period which was one pink spot only, so I think periods gradually disappear to almost nothing in some cases- like your brown mini period. Mine are like that too so really hoping this is it now. I think I will have another though as still having many days of the mucus in each month at times, that will have to abate before things settle I know. Has your mucus gradually lessened in terms of frequency over the last year do you think? Did you get PMT before your last bleed or was it a surprise?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #528 on: January 23, 2017, 09:59:04 AM »

Well watch this space Machair! At least you may get a few days respite and start to feel less bloated.

I feel a little bleurgh if I'm honest. Spoke too soon re migs last week as have had a nagging head for the past few days. Tricky day Saturday and had to take a triptan but today I have the aura smell which drives me nuts and I woke really cross which is a sure sign of prodrome so I might have another building. Hubby caught a tongue lashing this morning, just because........ well just because!!!!

New symptom started last week, palpitations. Have had the weird little leaps occasionally over the years but now along with the adrenaline surges before the flushes I'm experiencing the palpitations. Had to have an ECG last week and it even registered on that. Well that surely proves that these things are real and not 'another hysterical woman's mid-life hypochondria'!

I've been experiencing chest tightness since beginning of Dec which I assumed was asthma related, though my inhalers didn't resolve it as they would usually do. I then just expected it might be an infection of sorts that I was fighting. I don't tend to get colds etc but the gland under my left arm swells and hurts which is a sure sign I'm fighting something. Anyway, mentioned it to the GP last week and it was 'all systems go' so had to have, X-ray, bloods and the ECG. I'm sure it's not a heart problem but my lungs. In Cornwall the discomfort most definitely restricted me, couldn't walk like I usually do. Pain in the butt, it's always something! Hubby made a glib remark yesterday about let's get through a day without mentioning anything being wrong with us, us being the annoying word because of course it was really me he was referring to!!!!! Massive tongue lashing ensued!!  >:(

Sparkle, how are you feeling now? Is the side pain still there, did you start the Vagifem? x

Machair

« Reply #529 on: January 23, 2017, 10:14:09 AM »

So lovely to hear from you ER and what a pain to have the migraines building again. Palpitations are horrid. I get them with my ME so I know how horrid they are. Very common too in peri so hopefully they will be over soon for you.
Wishing you all the happiness in the world.
xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #530 on: January 23, 2017, 10:43:44 AM »

Haha, thanks Machair, a lovely calm response to my momentary crossness!! xx  :foryou:

Machair

« Reply #531 on: January 23, 2017, 04:55:51 PM »

How are you now ER are things any easier?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #532 on: January 23, 2017, 05:21:24 PM »

You are a sweetheart, thank you for asking.

The head has calmed without amounting to anything, for that I am blessed. I think more of my migraines are silent which is something I can definitely live with. Horrid aura phantom smell gone as has the crossness so that's a positive!  :)

Doc rang with test results, but wants more done now. I swear, if after waiting all of these years to get to meno for the migs to calm, something else creeps up and bites me on the a__e, I shall throw a complete hissy fit! I'll be having my meno party in a frigging wheelchair, but HAVE IT I WILL!!!  :party:

How are you feeling now? Does your body feel less ravaged? x

Machair

« Reply #533 on: January 23, 2017, 06:12:23 PM »

Er no - I hope the tests he wants doing are painless and over quickly. Maybe he wants an echo on the heart. I had that some years ago which was ok and put my mind at rest.

I am still rather ravaged- that is a good word! Feels like PMT, but of course it is high oestrogen, as after a quiet weekend that is there again.x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #534 on: January 23, 2017, 06:16:12 PM »

Good sign Machair, the FSH obviously couldn't find a viable follicle and it's going to try again! Our bodies do seem to be very similar - easily readable!! xx

nearly50

« Reply #535 on: January 23, 2017, 07:08:10 PM »

Sounds like everyone is having a mixed time, but hopefully this is the final throws for all of you. ER, how long since your last period now, you must be 1/3 of the way there now? Hope the tests are over with soon.

Ate cake today which was not a good move. Find it mad that my stomach can't digest even a wee slice any more, hope this is just temporary!

Machair

« Reply #536 on: January 24, 2017, 09:06:10 AM »

Hi Sparkle,

So lovely of you to reply. Thank you also for your insight - did you have that day after day of mucus thing before it started to calm down a few months ago? I am waiting for that break in it all to think I am on the home straight which I think you are now thank goodness. I think ER had a more dramatic end to the mucus with a period then nothing so maybe I will do that.

nearly50 I hope that cake issue resolves - life without pastries would be very empty!

How are you today ER? - thinking of you.xx
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:16:03 AM by Machair »

Elizabethrose

« Reply #537 on: January 24, 2017, 09:54:29 AM »

Good morning ladies.

Sparkle, it sounds as if you're feeling ok at the moment which is brilliant!! You've got the Vagifem so start it when you're ready, you'll know when you need to. When are you seeing the dietician? That'll be an interesting exercise, you'll be plagued for hot tips on here. You can be the MM diet guru.  :cupcake: (100% carrots - trust me I'm a doctor!)

The ECG showed up some anomalies, though don't know too much detail yet as it was a telephone consultation and GP called just as I had a garage collecting a car and someone else delivering a replacement, typical! She doesn't think I'm going to have a heart attack today so no panic  ;) She's referring me to hospital for further investigation, first stop being an ETT. The chest X-rays showed it wasn't my lungs which is what I'd suspected, as the discomfort feels like it's my lungs. I'd thought I was brewing something. Bloods also need further investigation.

I've never smoked, done drugs, don't drink alcohol, always been slim, eaten exceptionally well, always been active and exercised up until the migs hit BUT of course my downfall is that the migraines have forced me to be sedentary for a while. I walk whenever I'm well but there's been little well time over the past years. I do unfortunately have family history of heart problems on both sides, though I took my mother for some sort of heart imaging test recently and it was said she has the heart of a person half her age, strong as an ox!! I don't suffer from health anxiety, thank God, but given the feeling of heaviness is constant, I would like to know what is going on. If there is a problem, it must have developed in recent years because I was forced to do the full 'is she having a heart attack' routine in an A and E only about 5 years ago and it was very healthy then when tested.

I don't think the palpitations are linked to the above they seem to be linked to the adrenaline surge before the flushes. These flushes are morphing constantly but are a million times better than they were in April /May when they started.

Machair, you and Sparkle seem to be having a similar bleeding pattern which is quite different to mine. I think you are both just burning out and must be right at the end. The follicles are clearly kn-----ed!! They can't even produce enough oestrogen to build an endometrial lining for you to have a proper bleed. The end is nigh!!  ;)

nearly50 - there is no justice in this world if a girl can't even eat a piece of cake!! New routine when you set the table; pot of tea, cake and a serving of Gaviscon Advance!! It's 140 days today but who's counting?!!  :)

Have a lovely day ladies - I'm home alone until tomorrow night so am going to continue this mammoth ironing challenge. (Kill me!!) I'm going to find something to watch on Netflix as I'm trudging through it. xxx

Machair

« Reply #538 on: January 24, 2017, 10:06:53 AM »

ER so sorry you have all this now to contend with. I am sure all will be well after these tests.It would be cruel if you did have something, as you have looked after yourself so well. That is always my take on things -  I keep my weight down, I have never smoked or done drugs either, and then I think if anything happens at least it is beyond my control.

My Dad has bladder cancer and smoked all his life until it appeared. I feel sad for him in a way, but in another I don't. He drinks a bottle of red wine a day to himself as well which is crazy- then expects the NHS to help him as he sees it as his right.

Hormonal ups and downs are really hard on us, and this might be at the root of your heart issues and might resolve soon by themselves. I hope so you have had enough with those migraines. You have helped me so much- I wish you a carefree summer ahead full of joy and trips to Cornwall!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #539 on: January 24, 2017, 01:00:21 PM »

Thanks for your kindness Machair. If it does turn out to be something, it is what it is and I'll just deal with it. I'm not going to allow myself to start worrying needlessly yet, there is no point! Should have had a life of sex, drugs and rock and roll!!  ;D

Dealing with elderly folk can be so tricky and I really feel for you with your dad. They really do become increasingly set in their ways and sometimes pretty cantankerous! Maybe the wine just removes him from the reality he is experiencing and at that age, the realisation that he may be nearing the end of his life. It must be so difficult to see your partner and siblings and friends ailing and dying. Some struggle with this more than others. Trying to help him must be hugely frustrating and demanding for you, especially when you have so many of your own health issues that you're trying to manage.

This age is definitely a time for juggling a dozen balls! xx
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 76