Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 271426 times)

Elizabethrose

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2016, 04:27:33 PM »

It might just pass with no bleed but if the mucus had been continuous it would probably be an anovulatory bleed and may not relieve the high oestrogen symptoms anyway.

I feel as if I tempted fate with my comment yesterday as I've had a very slight pink tinge with my cervical mucus today, hardly noticeable. This happened in April for a day and then the oestrogen plunged and the flushes and sweats kicked in again. It's not a bleed, not even staining a panty liner. Just my luck though, I've got too much going on to be forced to my bed! Boy oh boy it tries my patience sometimes. I've had a nagging migraine for the past two days, I'm really hoping it doesn't swing in with a vengeance now!

Hi Sparkle, hope you had a lovely holiday!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2016, 04:53:06 PM »

Oh Sparkle, I'm so so sorry. Hopefully it was a total blip and all will calm for you. It's good that your GP is aware and caring for you. Ask them for as much help as you need, I think it sometimes does us good to have someone taking care of us and to get some professional advice from.

Start of a new month for me so I have enough migraine med days to hopefully get me through this busy spell. I can only take the Frovatriptan for a limited number of days a month so have to ration it out. Fingers crossed that the oestrogen doesn't drop for a few days: it's these massive hikes and falls that trigger the migs.

Hope you're feeling better than you did and that you're on the mend. Take care of yourself! x

Machair

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2016, 09:31:53 PM »

My heart goes out to you Sparkle and to Elizabethrose. I wish you both calm days and freedom from symptoms so you can enjoy the summer free from worry.xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2016, 06:49:25 AM »

Thanks to both of you!

Woke this morning with a full on migraine and period pains but still no bleed, so who knows whether one will come. The same thing happened in April.

I really have learnt to just take each day as it comes and deal with whatever. There is absolutely no point getting upset about it as it doesn't help me it just makes it worse. Over the years I've missed weddings, funerals, flights, endless social events but my youngest is graduating tomorrow so I am absolutely not prepared to miss that. I have taken my meds, and today I will do absolutely NOTHING, hopefully I can get shot of it. What a complete pain in the a---!!!!!! (or head actually!)

If there is a next time I AM COMING BACK AS A MAN!!!!!

Machair

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2016, 08:37:26 AM »

Oh my heart goes out to you and I know how you feel about the graduation. My youngest son graduated two years ago and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I hope it isn't too far to drive. His was in St Andrews so it was over 12 hours.
I hope it eases soon, have you got visual disturbances with it? I get those and they renders me bed bound.
Maybe the slight pink you saw in the mucus was a fall in hormones but not enough to trigger the bleed. I seem to get this and think it maybe the case.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2016, 12:06:28 PM »

Thanks Sparkle I'll go even if I have to wear ski goggles!! (How to be an embarrassing mother!) Haha, I remember attending a Gold DofE ceremony at St James's Palace with a screaming migraine and clutching a large bag in case I vomited. As my daughter was chatting with the Duke of Edinburgh I truly thought I was going to vomit. Can you imagine, I would have scarred the girl for life!

I think this is going to turn into a period, though I suspect really just an anovulatory bleed. Screamingly high oestrogen for over 3 weeks now so definitely didn't ovulate.

I'd reached over 6 months without a period so I'll just have to start counting again. Utterly gutted! It means the minimum age I will go through menopause will be 58, if indeed it ever stops. Hah, not at this rate! x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2016, 06:04:19 PM »

Hi Sparkle and Machair

Finally received results today after throwing a hissy fit on Monday. All absolutely fine, totally normal endometrium so whatever they thought they saw on the scan had disappeared. This uterus is an old hand at clearing itself, I have plenty of experience of that. Proper bleed today so will now start my count again. Day 1!!!   :cuss:

Machair, only a couple of hours drive, though I'm sure it will be pandemonium at that end, so we'll leave extra early. Haha poor you, St Andrews was discussed at one point with one of mine, thank goodness not for long!! Wonderful uni but what a shlep!

Onwards and upwards, todays mig calmed and I'll just medicate tomorrow if I need to, hopefully all will be well. x

Machair

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2016, 09:06:27 PM »

Wonderful news that all is well. Have a lovely day tomorrow and so glad the headache has calmed down.

Day 1 again amazing! Do you think you were heading for a period in April but just not enough hormones to start it? I keep thinking something is going to happen, mucus died down for a few days but is back now. Does yours disappear before a bleed or carry on until it starts?

I think this forum needs two new sections- one for ladies with early menopause that really deserve a lot of attention and help, and another for ladies in our position- late meno as our experiences are also very different to those who finish at the average age.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:14:16 PM by Machair »

Elizabethrose

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2016, 06:05:32 AM »

Sorry Machair, I didn't see your post.

Well, it was a proper bleed, lasted two days but was tricky to deal with as I had been so bloated that I was peeing constantly. I mean constantly!! At least some of the bloating has reduced and I feel more comfortable. I've had migraines virtually every day for the past week but just about managing to stay out of bed most days. Luckily with a new month starting I have triptans to take. I am only able to take them a limited number of days so have to ration them and very carefully monitor my intake. Up since 4.50 this morning with a grim one but taken meds so hopefully they will kick in soon. Supposed to be meeting my son for lunch today - typical!

Ok sorry, your question was about mucus. I had copious mucus for 21/22 days without a break, clearly my FSH levels must have been through the roof and the remaining follicles were being pummelled! I went straight into the bleed without the mucus stopping, therefore combination of mucus and blood (sorry for the graphic description!). This always happens to me now if the bleed is anovulatory. When I was mid-stage peri the mucus would start mid cycle, last for 2-3 days before stopping if there was a viable follicle, if not the mucus would restart after a couple of days and then continue into an anovulatory bleed. When an anovulatory bleed occurs, the mucus is combined with the bleed, well it is for me anyway.

I have to say I am a pretty resilient soul and I'm really thankful for that, otherwise this past 15 years would have been impossible to manage. I thought I'd be utterly gutted by a period coming as it really seemed as if I was on the home run. However, whilst disappointed, it was ok. The migraines are a million times less violent than they once were and at one stage would last for up to 13 days around a period, violent enough to confine me to bed. Given that the periods were at that stage coming every 21 days, there was very few non-migraine days. It's not like that anymore so things have improved. I feel confident that once through this pesky meno they will continue to calm.

Haha, hardly anything to brag about BUT 8 days today! Whoop-de-do! x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2016, 07:05:31 AM »

Oh you are a sweetheart Sparkle, thank you!

Not amazing at all, I think we all just find a way to get by! You have to look for the positives don't you, they just provide a light at the end of the tunnel.

We had a wonderful day thank you. I woke early with a bubbling mig and took my meds and they reduced it to a manageable 4/10. The sun shone, the Abbey was stunning and my daughter radiant! Proud parents! She's off working abroad now, still gnashing her teeth about the referendum result and considering using her Irish grandmother in an attempt to secure an Irish passport!! Haha, there was much discussion amongst the graduate group about this, I think Irish grandparents are being pulled out of the woodwork!

After prolonged celebrations we finally fell into our beds at about 1.30am Friday! You'll be pleased to hear I didn't resort to ski googles!

Hope you're well Sparkle and feeling happy! x

Machair

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2016, 02:33:32 PM »

Lovely to hear you had such a wonderful time at the graduation - what a proud moment that must have been for you.xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2016, 02:39:26 PM »

Thanks so much Machair, they're all done and dusted now, whoop, whoop!

Hope you're well! x

Machair

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2016, 06:41:48 AM »

Me too all 4 now graduated. Miss them so much though as mine are all over the country and the world. Hope you continue to have calm days peri wise with no migraines.

Machair

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2016, 09:06:02 PM »

How are we doing- Eliabethrose, Sparkle? I've had PMT twice in the last few weeks, first time it reached a crescendo and then faded away overnight. Then the mucus built again and now PMT again- not sure if a period is coming or not but no hot flushes or night sweats either.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2016, 10:12:20 PM »

Hi Machair

I feel for you, it's relentless isn't it?!

After my oestrogen crash and subsequent period two weeks ago, the oestrogen has stayed at a low level. There are no signs of it rising. I've found that if I have a major oestrogen crash and then bleed, either ovulatory or anovulatory, it seems to irritate my bladder so stress incontinence is increased. Do you get this? I've noticed it over the past year. I'd become terribly bloated for the 22 days oestrogen surge and therefore was peeing with a vengeance when the level crashed! I became sore and Dancing Girl suggested buying Sylk. It is absolutely brilliant, very soothing.

I think the frequent long oestrogen highs have protected me from VA thus far but I feel slightly uncomfortable at the moment. I don't know whether my body is fighting thrush (I've only ever had it once) but it doesn't seem to be building into anything.

I have a feeling that the flushes and night sweats are beginning to build again. They are very slight at the moment but this happened last time and they gradually built to very frequent and powerful. Hah, something to look forward to! Can't complain though as I had a three week respite!

When was your last bleed Machair? I was just like you, frequent oestrogen hikes, copious cervical mucus and the PMT feeling that threatened a bleed. It happened a number of times before a pesky bleed crept in! If the cervical mucus stops then starts again, it's a sign that the FSH failed to find a viable follicle and then built to try again. Obviously it's very good sign if it can't find a viable follicle!!

I think at this rate, you and I are going to be talking about our bodily parts and excretions until we're 75! I really do not want to be in the Guinness Book of records! x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 76