Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Relaxed on Utrogestan!  (Read 5179 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Relaxed on Utrogestan!
« on: May 05, 2016, 03:55:32 PM »

Hello

Last night I started my first dose of Utrogestan 100mg orally. I feel like I've taken a huge chill pill, I can't believe it.

I'm doing 1 pump of oestrogel in the morning and the U before bed.  Well today at work I've felt like I am on holiday! I honestly feel relaxed, chilled out and don't have a care in the world.  This is a total contrast to how I felt using the Utrogestan on it's own.

Is this normal by the way?

I know this all could change but I'm amazed.  Just out of interest, what's the longest time that ladies stay on the progesterone phase for? I was going to stay on it for 7 days, but feel like I could do longer.

Kate50

Re: Relaxed on Utrogestan!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 04:09:56 PM »

Firstly why was you using the U on its own?  But yeah I started off like that and you do stay chilled but then it turned into sluggishness and then was ready  to come off it after a few days. 
This month took it vaginally so not so bad and still calm. But don't like it getting headaches and it knocks out the oestrogel.  Last time it took a few weeks to get back to how  I was bf taking it.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 04:43:09 PM »

I had to take it on its own to induce a withdrawal bleed before I had surgery. I had to stop the oestrogen to reduce the risk of blood clot. Never ended having the surgery as was too anxious about it.

But now restarted both of them together for first time.

I'm glad it's the weekend because I haven't done much work today and I couldn't care a less! Blimey I can't be like that all the time. I was getting the headaches on the oestrogen only phase and today it's gone.

Kate50

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 05:00:14 PM »

Oh well I didn't on the gel (headache )
At first it made me sleepy then fitful sleep with dreams.  See how you go keep reporting!

Lizab

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 04:31:19 AM »

I like taking it. I sleep well and feel like my old self the next day. If I'm not mistaken, the body converts some of that progesterone into estrogen and who knows what other hormones, they know so little about how all the hormones work. Whatever it provides, I clearly need it. I take 200mg per night for 10 nights. The last day or two of it I get a little grumpy, but I definitely think about taking 100 mg all month. If I need to change things up I may ask to do that.

Kate50

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 05:57:24 AM »

I am on the 7 day regime but my new NHS gynae wants me to take it more she said I can do every night 100 or 7 days 200mg

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 09:53:27 AM »

Hi Mis71Mum - what dose were you prescribed by the doctor? 7 days of 100 mg utrogestan is way less than the licensed amount (which is 200 mg orally for 12 days per 28) so I would take it for longer to induce a proper bleed. I presume you are on day 16 or something which is why you started the Utrogestan - sorry, I'm a bit confused. If you've only just started the oestrogel then you don't need to start taking the utrogestan until later in the cycle  :-\. Glad you are feeling well on it thought :)  - it acts as a sedative which some women find relaxing in small doses.

If you are taking it cyclically then you could actually take 100 mg for 25 days out of 28 - which is the continuous combined amount but the 3 days break would allow a bleed if necessary.

Hurdity x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 10:34:17 AM »

Oh I think I've got myself confused. My Gyny told me to take for a week to induce a bleed for my op and my GP prescribed me 100mg! I started the Utrogestan on day 16, but may continue with it to take me up to 12 days then for this cycle.

Blimey, I hate to think what I'd be like on 200mg. I feel like I have morning sickness this morning. Have been sick too and had a monster headache last night aswell.  I've had to take a days holiday today as couldn't leave the house for dry retching.

I'm seeing my gyny in 2 weeks to discuss the proposed ablation, resection and hysteroscopy, so don't need to worry unduly this month about my lining. As it will be seen in due course.

Kate50

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 11:12:50 AM »

Oh dear! The nice part wore off then? ?

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 12:18:35 PM »

Oh yes....back down to earth with a bump!

Feel fed up, sad and weepy today now.  I don't think I'm getting enough oestrogen yet but could be clutching at straws. 

Part of me thinks I should just increase my AD but I want to give HRT plenty of time first.

Kate50

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 01:07:30 PM »

It took me ages to get over it the first time I used it and was late doing it this time.  I just finished 7 days again and struggled to do that but not quite as bad as done it vaginally this time but got migraine today and I think my bleed gonna be hardly ote again!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 07:37:20 AM »

Well I came round yesterday in the afternoon but felt very flat! But early evening, I started to feel back to normal. So I took my next Utrogestan at 9.30pm, woke this morning with a massive headache.

Not sure if I feel like this because of the initial hit of U as I don't remember feeling quite as ropey when I took Femoston 1/10.

Does this settle over time maybe? Perhaps once I'm a few months in?

Kate50

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 08:51:11 AM »

It's very different to the synthetic progesterone reminds me of pregnancy.  The synthetics cause one type of problem and these another it's what you can deal with.  These for me are more in sync but the up and down of them are a pain.  I reckon if you could have a small amount everyday and peak like you would have done in your cycle then it would be better.  In America you can get them in smaller doses

Kate50

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 09:39:23 AM »

It's interesting what you said about having had it to bring on a bleed. Did you not get any side effects then?

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 07:24:00 PM »

I only managed 4 days....and then ended up cancelling my operation so didn't need to continue thankfully.

I went from screeching at the family to well, let's just say my libido returned 😳

Anyway this time has been much, much gentler than the last time. Well so far.....
Pages: [1] 2