Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Sorry, it's me again.....feeling awful  (Read 15787 times)

Justjules

Re: Sorry, it's me again.....feeling awful
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2016, 01:19:45 PM »

Thanks ladies. 

Kate, it's not an option to finish work or take more time off as I think they wouldn't be as understanding.  DR suggested cutting down but I felt the 'vibes' from husband to not even go there.  He can easily afford for me to cut down but we are financially independent of each other (not my choice...) so the only option I would have is to go and live with my Mum who really couldn't cope with me now at her age like she used to even though she is my rock, it's not fair to put the stress on her.

Dangermouse, I can't take HRT now - too late.  I wish I could.  It was the only thing that sorted my Mum out when she was like this but she was younger than me when she took it and took it till she was in her 70s.  I am 59 and 8 or 9 years post meno.  Surely oestrogen can't be still a problem all these years later - does the body never get used to not having it anymore - after all, it's a natural progression for women.  I am just nervous about starting a different BB as I was okay on the sotalol which my Dr will put me back on in two weeks if I want despite the risks with Citalopram if I have an ecg beforehand to reassure me that no heart problems, even though I had one last August and all was okay.  This is all just wearing me out that's all.  Husband doesn't understand but then he is always like that - very black and white, not sympathetic unless it was a 'real' illness like cancer and then I don't even know what he'd be like. 

Justjules

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2016, 03:30:28 PM »

Hasty, but did they not start taking it in their early fifties when meno started?  I can't find any advice or info on actually starting it post meno anywhere, especially not starting it at 60....

dazned

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2016, 03:34:49 PM »

I believe that the thinking is the longer after menopause you think to start hrt the greater the risk ,so with you being 59 and post for 8/9 years is where the problems lie for you to start now. :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2016, 06:21:44 PM »

Are you eating properly?  Adrenaline surges can be made worse when the body is hungry.  Which is why NAPS suggested that I eat every 3 hours, 24/7.  Keeps blood sugar levels more even and prevents the surges. 

Anxiety feeds anxiety.  If someone is worried about what effects of stopping medication they are likely to suffer with, it can make the anxiety surges happen more often.  Have you tried deep breathing?  For me I get weak thighs + wobbly knees + shaky calve muscles.  Normal anxiety symptoms but awful! 

I know 2 ladies who didn't begin HRT until they were 65 and are now in their 80s  ::).  Each lady should be treated as an individual  ::)

Justjules

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2016, 07:08:46 PM »

Yes, eating every few hours like normal.  Yes, do lots of deep breathing too. I will mention HRT to Dr next time but doubt she will let me on it. It might just be me clutching at straws to be honest just to get better.

dangermouse

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2016, 09:51:43 PM »

If you haven't already please do email or print out this first post for your husband Justjules - it's great!

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2458.0.html

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2016, 10:58:34 PM »

There seems to be a problem with your husband accepting The Change  :-\

Ring your Surgery in the morning and ask about the support that is given to menopausal ladies or visit a Pharmacist to ask opinions on age etc.  ;).  If it's what you need to stay healthy then I can't see that age takes any part in that decision.   :-X

Justjules

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2016, 07:19:26 AM »

Danger mouse, he's not remotely interested and I've tried getting him to read things about anxiety before.

CKLD, will ring and ask.

To make matters worse, our best friends, the husband has had a heart attack last night and it's bad. He's had bypass surgery before but he's been complaining to dr's for months that he wasn't right. That's set my heart anxiety right through the roof now....I need to go and get mine sorted as I can't believe there's nothing wrong when I'm waking up with tachycardia every morning.  :'(

Dyan

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2016, 12:24:02 PM »

Justjules- :hug: X

Justjules

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2016, 12:40:58 PM »

Thanks Dyan. X
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]