Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 67th Wedding Anniversary  (Read 9015 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 67th Wedding Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 07:46:18 PM »

As long as any visitors are 'putting themselves up' and not expecting to stay with you, it will all slot into place ;-).

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 08:38:24 AM »

No, only my son will be staying! The others live near enough to come for the day, plus our home is small. No spare beds!  ::) No, it will be more organising when and food!

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 02:41:48 PM »

If you hired a hall could everyone bring a plate?  Make sure there's a list so that you don't end up with 1,000s of cheese straws  ;D

Our local Motel does a good spread, costing per head.  Saves having to wash up  ;)

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 02:59:32 PM »

;D now I would be panicking if we needed the use of the village hall! No, they just want close family to come. Now if you are catering for such a large number, you set the date and they either can come or not, but with a small number, I have to try and organise a date to suit everyone. And while I don't enjoy cooking, I do enjoy assembling a buffet or as we call it, an itty bitty tea! The meal out takes care of lunch.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 06:13:59 PM »

No - you organise the day to suit your parents and those who want to attend will do!  I had this problem when I was in my 50th year, his brother asked if we had an alternative date - I knew that he usually went to a BBQ with 'friends' on that weekend and wanted to know where his loyalty was.  We found out!

Maybe have a couple of dates and let them know in good time?
Pages: 1 [2]