Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Hello All -Going to see Prof Studd- advice please?  (Read 51148 times)

Freckles

Re: Hello All -Going to see Prof Studd- advice please?
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2016, 02:53:46 PM »

If you are only saw Studd on Wednesday and it's only day 9 of your cycle, maybe it's far too soon to expect any difference?
I saw Studd about six weeks ago for the first time and I was advised to expect to notice a  small difference after a few weeks and to expect to notice a significant difference after about three month on the regime.
I  started to notice a difference after 2 or 3 weeks, which has gradually improved over time.
If you are concerned though, maybe telephone or email Studd's clinic for advice and/or reassurance?

Mary G

« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »

Louloufell, I agree with Freckles, it's far too soon to know whether or not it is working.  What has caused you to doubt this regime after such a short period of time i.e. 2 days?  Also, what kind of tablet has he given you?  I also agree that you should consider ringing his office if you have any worries.

Hurdity

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2016, 08:26:08 PM »

Hi Louloufell

:welcomemm:

When you say you have been suffering from post-natal depression - have you had a baby fairly recently then - or were you talking about the past?

Also re your cycle of 17-21 days - has it always been like this ie short cycles or has this developed fairly recently? I ask because the last phase of our reproductive years just before the peri-menopausal transition is characterised by shorter cycles. Some hormonal changes occur at this time and many women notice much worsening pms due to the extreme fluctuations in hormones - as your oestrogen swings from very high to very low and progesterone rises and falls.

Hopefully in your case the treatment you have been prescribed will work for you to help even out your moods, but as the others have said you need to give it time - although our cycle causes changes to our moods within hours, when oestrogen is replaced from outside - it can take longer so you will need to try it for several weeks! Chi chi is another member who has tried out similar prescription in the past for similar reasons so you could look up her posts.

Good luck with it and hope you see an improvement soon :)

Hurdity x

Louloufell

« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2016, 09:10:45 PM »

Thank you everyone I just got so worried it wouldn't work for me. I knew the treatment wouldn't work instantly. I did speak to a nurse today who was great. Also I received my blood tests I have low testosterone on the blood test it was unmeasurable so think this explains a lot.
My last baby will be five in August. It was severe post natal depression after him i suffered. I have to relax be kind to myself and keep on rubbing the gel in. It will take 6-8 weeks. Xxx
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:21:04 PM by Louloufell »

panda123

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2016, 09:54:02 AM »

Hi Freckles
Just wondering how you are getting on with the Studd regime?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2016, 02:45:49 PM »

Hi Freckles

I haven't seen any posts from you for a while and I wonder too how you are getting along. I hope all is well with you, do give us an update, when you're able to.

All good wishes. x

Freckles

« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2016, 03:08:40 PM »

Hi Panda and Elizabethrose
Thanks for the posts.
I'm doing really well on the Studd regime thanks. So pleased I went to see him.
The regime is far better (for me) than the Femoston I was taking.
I had loads of Femoston tablets left over that I recently found. I stuck them in the soil of my house plants and they have really perked up- so at least put them to good use!
Haven't posted at all lately as I have been horribly busy in real life with work and family problems, and not been able to spend time on the PC- but no doubt I will be back soon! xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2016, 03:19:42 PM »

Hahaha, that absolutely cracked me up! Perhaps you should contact Monty Don and give him your hot gardening tip!  ;D

Lovely to hear from you and so glad your regime is still working well. Hope that all calms for you soon and that you're not having to deal with anything too traumatic.

All good wishes to you x

Freckles

« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2016, 04:08:17 PM »

Unlike me, my house plants have really perked up since being on the pills!
Can honestly recommend Femoston as a gardening tip  ;)
Thanks for the kind wishes- hope to be back posting soon! xx

Freckles

« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2016, 04:40:03 PM »

;D It's the best use for Femoston I've found! x

Mary G

« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2016, 05:13:44 PM »

Freckles, I hope you don't mind but I've just been talking about you on another thread in the 'All Things Menopause' section!  I was referring to the blood tests you had before your consultation with Professor Studd and how it save you money.

I am so pleased to hear that you are continuing to do well and please come back when you are less busy.

Freckles

« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2016, 08:01:57 PM »

No problem at all Mary G mentioning me!
It was you who originally suggested to me getting blood tests on the NHS and it was an excellent idea!
Hadn't occurred to me at all, and the basic blood tests for hormones done on the NHS are accepted by Studd's clinic
I am very grateful, as I saved £250-£300 getting that done (although I understand Studd's clinic does do a far more all singing, all dancing,  analysis than the NHS- vitamin levels, iron, cholesterol, hormones, and anything else that can be tested).
I'll be posting again soon.
Just realised I've mentioned Studd by name- apologies if that has distressed (some) folk as it seemed to have done in the past.
I'll revert back to calling him "He Who Shall Not Be Named" when I start posting again  :)

Booblet

« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2020, 01:29:27 PM »

Hi,.
Just read your message regarding appointment with Prof Studd. I hope you are feeling better.
I'm in a bit if a quandary at the moment and wondered if you could help and advice.

I went to see a nurse who had been trained by Dr Marian Gluck. Paid ?500.00 for initial consultation and blood tests
Got test results back and needed DHEA, Progesterone and Testosterone . Got copy of results and copy of prescription.
The problem is that the clinic in questioned stated in their costs for cBHRT ?60.00 per month  (and still do.)

However, when I contacted the compounded Pharmacy that they use ( same has Marian Gluck) the cost was double this amount . ?115.00 per month..which I can't really afford .
The question I'm asking is whether going to see Prof Studd might be cheaper as I have the blood tests results already
Not sure though whether I could get acth , progesterone and testosterone from my GP.

Kind Regards,
Booblet

dangermouse

« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2020, 05:16:42 PM »

Hey, they seem to be treating you for perimenopause high oestrogen by subduing with progesterone. Studd would likely treat that differently with high dose oestrogen to suppress your own oestrogen spikes. A GP may be able to do the same though.

That price sounds about normal for one compounded product but it usually lasts for 3 months. Are you sure it's per month? If not I would question the clinic on why they have quoted much lower, which is very misleading.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]