News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wired  (Read 5982 times)

TropicalVon69

Wired
« on: February 26, 2016, 02:11:20 PM »

I haven't posted for a while ladies but have been reading all your posts....today I feel totally wired n feel like I'm losing the plot....still have periods which are closer together....last one ended last week and had one two weeks before....not sure if it's rage or anxiety or both but just feel flooded with chemicals.....tried hrt but felt wired on that too....have been thinking it could be adrenal fatigue....brain feels wired and fuzzy...any thoughts would be welcome.....gaaah

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Wired
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 03:57:13 PM »

A brisk walk? do you have a regular exercise regime?  Sometimes medication can cause agitation.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 05:58:59 PM »

Thanks clkd I've been exercising every morning but couldn't go this morning....I have settled a bit though.....thanks for your reply.....how are you doing?

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 06:16:41 PM »

Thanks for asking and glad I could help.  Since mid-January my mood has improved and anxiety is background. Phew!

Did you eat properly during the week?  Our intake can cause anxiety surges ……….. maybe eating little and often for a while?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 12:22:56 AM »

I had to get my Iron checked at the GP as you can get those sort of symptoms from low iron.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 07:19:51 AM »

Glad you're feeling better clkd  ;D.....I woke up at 2am feeling like something had taken over me, positively psychotic and realised I'd forgotten my ad at bedtime....took 2 and half a Valium and settled down after eating, you're. Right about the possibility ating clkd, had very little yesterday and thanks 07 I have been taking extra iron....have eaten now and away to take another half diazepam.....was soooo scared last night.....may keep my ad doubled....thanks for replying ladies.....so scared with wee one in the house that I CD harm her.......God please help me
L

Sunnydays

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 09:49:25 AM »

Tropical, do you have anyone at home with you, or someone you can ring when you feel like this? Sending lots of positive vibes your way x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 12:05:32 PM »

Sunny days I am a single mum with a 10 year old and a teenager.....a friend across the road has been on call for me..he's come and tidied up for me........I just feel so desperate today after last night....thanks for your positive vibes....really need them today.....not felt this low for a long time.....Iv an infection too, bladder and I think kidney so I have anti biotics.....hope you're good xx

coldethyl

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 12:25:28 PM »

I understand exactly how you feel. When the hormonal mood swings start I just don't feel like myself at all. I have anxiety all my life and this is just so different. I think that your use of word psychotic is telling as it does feel, at least to me, much more like the agitation and weird thought patterns I would associate with a psychotic illness. I can be fine and then as a bleed approaches my mood dips and I feel wired as you say, yet simultaneously flat as if a dementor has sucked my inside out! I keep thinking about killing myself then even though I have zero intention or inclination the rest of time so I think your intrusive thoughts about your children are just that. I imagine the infection isn't helping either and antibiotics can affect your mood as well.
Have a hug x

Sooby

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 01:55:26 PM »

Ah Hun,

over active adrenals makes me feel that way too. It's truly distressing isn't it? I try and reason my fears and over reactions out to their logical conclusion even tough I know that my anxieties are caused by drugs or hormones. I find that using anything and everything relaxing to wind me down. So a warm bath, calming oils, a milky drink, watching a miss marple with the cat on my lap. Anything really. It wont change the hormones of course but I find that my anxious over reactions do have a grain of reality to them. So if I can eliminate my concerns and and then distract myself with positive alternatives I can bring things under control.

So glad that you have a friend and helper sweetheart as it's tough as a mum on your own.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 04:08:18 PM »

Tropical Vine - did your GP send a urine sample to a Lab to be tested because it is the ONLY way that an AB should be prescribed - for the particular bug that is grown  :bang: :bang:

If you have urine infection symptoms it may well be vaginal atrophy which needs totally different treatment.  I am so pleased that my GP recognised my repeated bladder problems were VA ….. after 2 dip stick tests and then a Lab. test which showed no growth he prescribed appropriate treatment - Job Done!

I was advised by NAPS to eat every 3 hours, 24/7, 7/12, 12/52 ………. it took a while to get used to munching and I didn't put on any weight ;-).

TropicalVon69

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 08:54:50 AM »

Thank you so much for the support, what a wonderful bunch of ladies you are.....I can totally relate to that feeling coldethyl just as if all happiness and joy has been sucked out, leaving negative stuff.....very, very scary....client urine never shows infection but antibiotics seem to help...I get kidny pain and pelvis pain and what I can describe as a yukkiness also arousal....with feeling toxic......I have upped my anti depressants and feel anbit better this am but still have awful stomach chiurning...sooby, thanks, I do meditation, yoga, qi gong and swimming to relax n get the yuck out and it deffo helps especially am....hope you're all having a hormonally balanced day sisters xxx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 02:12:15 PM »

A GP should NOT be prescribing ABs unless infection is present :bang: :bang: :bang:.  World wide we are over-using ABs so that Germs are building up resistance.  It is said that in 15 years ABs will no longer be effective !

An over the counter pain relief would do exactly the same TV69.  That's what I used a few weeks ago whilst waiting for the Ovestin1mg to begin working, in desperation more than thinking it would help so was really relieved that Nurofen eased symptoms.  However if you really do have 'kidney' pain then your GP should be referring you to a renal clinic!  Low back pain can be caused by lots of different 'things' (searching for word here) ……..

You describe feeling 'psychotic'  :-\ - something you need to discuss with your GP in case you need a different medication, anti-depressant medication is for a totally different condition  ;).  I had terrible anger pre-menstrually  :( ……. but I never threw anything of value  :D

How R U this morning?

TropicalVon69

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2016, 02:56:17 PM »

Thanks clkd, a bit better, have been for a swim with wee one and met a couple of lovely ladies who shared their wisdom ith me......I have been referred for a scan so waiting for that......doubled my ad again last night and will do for a few nights to see where I'm at then.....thanks for your reply and hope you're enjoying the lovely day :-)

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 04:28:53 PM »

I love swimming in warm water, going on holiday to Lugano spoilt UK swimming for me  ::) - it's the getting undressed that I hate ……. which is why I would like a pool off the bedroom, straight in naked  :P

When my brain feels low in the morning I up the AD dosage for 5-6 nights ……. which helps. 

Is it wisdom worth sharing here ?  ;)

So far 2-day has been lovely  :thankyou:
Pages: [1] 2