Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Looking for my perimenopausal doppelgänger .....  (Read 4356 times)

Raenbo

Looking for my perimenopausal doppelgänger .....
« on: February 13, 2016, 09:11:36 PM »

;)

I have been on this website for sometime now... Every now and again, I might post or comment.

The site & forum is an invaluable resource of information at a time in my life when I am bent bombarded with physical & emotional changes.

When things are bothering me or I experience something new, I will usually search the forum & sure enough I will 9 times out of 10 find someone else who has experienced the exact same set of symptoms.... And it eases my mind.

Tonight I am just too god damn lazy! 😂😂 So instead I'm gonna tell you what I'm experiencing!

My menstrual cycle has been changing enormously over the last 2yrs.... I have just had a period, having had nothing in 3 months! The longest stretch I've have gone so far. November as a month was unremarkable. December was my hot flash & night sweat month. January..... I was non stop horny! It's was uncomfortable. My libido shot through the roof.... I swear I could have gotten up on a banana!! 😂😂😂

My period arrived at the end January... Unremarkable... No cramps! Nothing too heavy. But I am still spotting everyday since.

My boobies are tender.... 😳

And my skin feels tight.

I realise none of these are all that bothersome... Just wondering if anyone out there can relate?

😁😁😁😁😘😘

Raenbo

Re: Looking for my perimenopausal doppelgänger .....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 09:13:21 PM »

I should say... I am almost 49 & not taking HRT.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 09:59:37 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Raenbo
Sounds like typical peri menopause symptoms. Do read up all the info on this site to get clued up.  Keep posting DG x

Lizab

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 11:25:06 PM »

Yes, yes, all of those things at one time or another. You're the first I've seen mention the uncomfortable excessive libido. I suffered with it for months at a time over the last two years. I was too embarrassed to ever mention it here or to the doctors.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 05:39:00 PM »

Hello Raenbo.

Earlier in my journey I had the ahem,  'libido thing' as well and had to manage it as best I could!  Hasn't happened for some time but it will be interesting to see how many other ladies have experienced the same thing.
One more hormonal surge to contend with it seems but appropriate for Valentine's day at least.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

dogdoc

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 08:06:48 PM »

I'd give a lot of money for your libido problem. So would my husband ::)

Lizab

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 09:55:40 PM »

I'd give a lot of money for your libido problem. So would my husband ::)

No. Perhaps 15 years ago my husband would have appreciated it. Now it's uncomfortable, for both of us. We can't be together 24/7 and if we could, he couldn't keep up ;D

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 05:38:47 PM »

I can probably add myself here now... ;)

I have had 2 days of cramps, eggwhite mucus, oily skin and...ahem...lots of pooing... :o Not diarreah - just many trips to the bathroom. This afternoon cramps left and I instead became superhorny... :) Weird swings... Is this what excess estrogen feels like???

TropicalVon69

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 09:50:15 AM »

Yeah to the horniness too....uncomfortable esp when doing every things with other people...extra sensitive too.....no partner...gaaah xxx

Raenbo

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 07:40:14 AM »

Just thought I'd update you ladies on my libido....! 😊

The period that I thought I was having turned out not to be the real thing... I think I was just so long without one that the vascular system wasn't able to support the womb lining and it just started coming away.... But yes I did eventually get a 'real' period with cramps and all and horrendous flooding! It was quite a prolonged period and by the time it was over I felt exhausted.

So now I am watching and waiting to see if I follow a similar path as last time.... Yes... So far things are quite unremarkable.... I feel great... There is definitely an increased sense of libido but nothing as hot and heavy as I was in January... But I am just wondering if it is going to continue to build!

And yes, the horniness can arrive at some inopportune times... Driving... In the supermarket... At work!

I have a male friend who I confided in and he thinks it funny to wind me up with saucy text messages! 😂😂

I have upped my yoga practice to try and use up the excess 'energy' in my body. And it has done wonders! I feel like a hot woman again! 😉

So far, no sign of any hot flashes... But I'll keep you posted!

zodiac

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 04:03:35 PM »

Hi think i could include myself here lol, my body decided to time itsself with my stepdaughter, since november last yr, so when shes due ive comeon then a month later she came on ( her monthlys are far apart sometimes ) then i came on day after so i only had a 2week gap but sofar this month nothing happening for me yet and shes on time lol, but my hot sweats are really bad, keep me awake at night, bad during the day to the point i just want to sit n cry, i eat healthy , im at the gym thru the week , look after my granddaughter,  4 dogs plus im up for wrk at 5 am 5 days a week plus look after my elderly mum n im only 49, a  younge 49 haha ,
But sex drive flew out window 9 yr ago when this peri meno started, ive never had a decent nites sleep, im ratty mood swings and times when i want to sit n cry or pack my bags n leave,
Ive tryed all herbal things n had reactions to then so bad i had to get checked at breast clinic up at the hospital, been told not to take anything herbal or hrt , so now im so fed up with the hot sweats i dread goin out of house 😪