Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi supply  (Read 6429 times)

Dibleydo

Evorel Sequi supply
« on: February 12, 2016, 03:16:00 PM »

Do you know if there is a problem with Evorel Sequi ? I was on this  last summer and so far it has been the best HRT for me as it reduced the fierce night sweats I was having which affected my sleep badly,as I work it was a nightly fight trying to sleep a couple of hours and being  capable of travelling and working,I was changed to Angelique which was no match,I then decided to give it all a break, but in the last months the hot flushes are back along with aching joints and feeling irritable, I got a prescription from the Drs but have had real trouble in getting the Evorel Sequi, so far even after ordering by the chemists, no supply has been found,is it possible its been withdrawn,any information would be a help,
thank you Dibleydo 

Glass.half.full

Re: Evorel Sequi supply
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 01:02:10 PM »

Hi there, funny you should mention it because I can't get hold of FemSeven Sequi either.  It all seems a bit odd.  My GP said the manufacturer may be recallibrating the machines but you would think they would make sure there was enough stock before they stopped production wouldn't you.  GP has prescribed Evorel Sequi in the meantime but sounds like I might not be able to get those either - wonder if the lack of availability of Evorel is due to the fact that FemSeven is currently unavailable.  just checked with my pharmacist and he says they won't get FemSeven Sequi in Stock until March!!!  Could be a lot of women going cold turkey at this rate!!! 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

Dibleydo

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 03:12:52 PM »

Glass.half.full, thanks for your information,sounds like a conspiracy lol,I've left my prescription with the 6th chemist I went to, 2 luckily were able to check the suppliers whilst I was in the shop and they were a  definate no, not even a date to supply, at least march for you might be better than nothing ! I will see what comes back from the chemist,if not back to the Drs,not looking forward to that as I always feel that I have to try so hard to convince them my need is real, thanks again.   

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 03:44:21 PM »

Have you tried emailing the manufacturers themselves? There is a link here http://www.tevauk.com/p/levonorgestrel-397?productId=6821  It might be worth a try.

Taz x

Glass.half.full

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 07:52:38 AM »

Thanks Taz, I will give them a call.  It's all very strange xx

Dandelion

Update enquiry
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 09:43:20 PM »

Can anyone confirm if this problem has been resolved now?
I have still got enough supply in, but I would rather know sooner than later, so I don't run out.
Are the evorel only patches still available?
Is it only the evorel/nerethisterone patches that people are having difficulty getting hold of?
I would really appreciate an update either way, and would like to know, please, in advance, if possible, what alternative I should be asking for, if evorel is not available.
I use evorel and utrogestan
Many thanks
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:01:12 PM by Dandelion »

robotwars

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 09:48:47 PM »

I have just managed to get 10 months worth of femseven sequi!!!!

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 10:02:17 PM »

What does sequi mean?

I use evorel only patches with separate utrogestn. Are these also called sequi? I tried to look conti and sequi up on google and I am still not that clear.
As far as i can make out, evorel conti patches contain both oestrogen and progesterone and evorel sequi contain 2 types of patch, oestrogen only patches and oestrogen/progesterone patches.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:19:38 PM by Dandelion »

Trufflecat

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 08:50:12 AM »

I have that too Dandelion. The Sequi is oestrogen only for a couple of weeks then an oestrogen and progesterone combined for the second two. So we are on a combi regime but using the oestrogen as someone on a continual regime, who didn't need any progesterone, would do

Dibleydo

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 06:07:04 PM »

Ta DA !!! Just spoken to the pharmacist where I left my Everol Sequi prescription to be dispensed and he confirmed,there were some delays from the manufacturers but all has now been resolved and his supplies are re starting from the 18th of this month, so seems all back to normal,just thought you would like the update seeing as I must have caused concern with my question.

Dandelion

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 12:50:32 PM »

Ta DA !!! Just spoken to the pharmacist where I left my Everol Sequi prescription to be dispensed and he confirmed,there were some delays from the manufacturers but all has now been resolved and his supplies are re starting from the 18th of this month, so seems all back to normal,just thought you would like the update seeing as I must have caused concern with my question.
Thanks for coming back, and reassuring us that the blip in supply, is now resolved.
I must admit, I have got a stash of evorel 50's which I bought privately, just in case of any gaps in supply like this. I don't really like stashing things like this, as it seems a bit cynical towards nhspharma etc, but I don't like the idea of coming off suddenly. I have been peri since 2009, starting at age 42, totally unexpected, no knowledge of what was happening to me for five years, I put all the horrible symptoms down to medication I was on at the time.