Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Damn.  (Read 4167 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Damn.
« on: February 10, 2016, 08:34:26 AM »

Have been feeling so good on Femoston for the last 10 days. I started the combi tabs on Saturday, and was really pleased I didn't get the expected mood slump/anxiety. Instead I carried on feeling great.

But yesterday I noticed I had some brown spotting, and last night just before bedtime I suddenly had an anxiety pang. Felt sleepy, but just couldn't drop off to sleep. Think I finally managed about 1.5 hours sleep around 4.30am.

Woke feeling nauseous and jittery. Feel so disappointed, as I had been feeling so good since the start of the 2nd week of the oestrogen only tabs that I was considering cancelling my Annie Evans appointment.

But it looks like the progesterone in Femoston is just going to give me too much trouble.

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Damn.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 08:36:01 AM »

Sorry, meant to include that I have upped to 2/10 and hoped the higher oestrogen would stop the progesterone affecting me as much.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 10:41:53 AM »

And now it's gone from a bit of brown spotting to bright red flow, but I'm only 4 days into the combi tabs. Is this to be expected, does anyone know?

Milamam

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 10:44:40 AM »

Hi GRL -
How many weeks/ days since the first day of your last period did this spotting occur? Could be your own period breaking trough, in the middle of the pack? Then low mood is to be expected for a day or two? Did the spotting continue the next day?

Milamam

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 10:48:41 AM »

Oops didn't see your post above.
Bleeds in the middle of the pack have happened to me many times - not to worry.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 10:58:07 AM »

Hi Milamam

I had a withdrawal bleed 3 days after finishing my first pack of Femoston (so 3 days into 2nd pack, I suppose).

But it was very brief.

When you bled in middle of a pack did your symptoms return at the same time. I feel tearful again, low and anxious. Really horrible after 10 days of feeling so good too.

Clovie

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 11:06:14 AM »

I'm not on this med so I can't offer advice on t but just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling like this, Gypsy  :(
It's absolutely horrible feeling like that, I totally and utterly sympathise....here's a hug x

Milamam

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 11:11:51 AM »

Yes, to some extent, but just for a day or two, and nothing comparable to what was before HRT. Tearful, bad sleep, some sweating at night, angry and frustrated. But just for a day, then this lifts.
My explanation ( for me) is that  my own hormones were high causing build up of lining and more frequent bleeds. Or, estrogen too high and then not enough progesterone in Femoston to counteract. But these past two months I have had no midpack bleeding. So looks like a temporary thing.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 12:42:05 PM »

Thank you Clovie!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 12:48:08 PM »

Me too! I also ended up having 3 separate bleeds on Femoston in 28 days which led to low ferritin levels and made me exhausted. This ended up being the main reason I came off it.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 12:49:23 PM »

Milamam, funnily, as I lay awake for most of last night, I felt too hot for the first time. Had to throw the quilt off at one point.

I was really keeping my fingers crossed that Femoston would be the answer for me. Not sure whether it's my own hormones interfering? Or whether I just can't tolerate the progesterone in it, as I felt just as jittery, and miserable on the combi tabs in 1/10 last month. But at least last month I didn't have a bleed until I finished the pack.

But then it took several days for the progesterone to leave my system and so my mood didn't improve until the end of the first week of the 2/10 and then I felt really good for 10 days. But now this.

I can't see the point of being on HRT if it's only going to give me 10-12 good days per month. Then the rest if the month I feel so miserable and wretched and anxious. That's no improvement to how I was before HRT!

Milamam

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 01:36:27 PM »

Hi GRL, I thonk you should wait two more months at least, and also don't cancel Dr. Annie. One never knows, it will be interesting to hear her opinion.
I am on Day 4 of estrogen tablets. This and last night I had sweats, but was not disturbed by then (i.e slept through, just wake up damp). Low mood both mornings, thinking how much I hate my hubby for this and that, how angry I am at my teenage daughter for other things, etc. The last two evenings I had to have chocolate - a true and very unmistakable sign for me that a period is coming. Then just this afternoon the bleed started and I feel back to normal, relaxed and a bit sleepy. Day 32 of last bleed.

It wasnt like that in the beginning, i would say I began to feel my old self maybe at the end of the third month! I had nausea, anxiety, desparation, fears, etc. So try to be patient, I know it is difficult. Keep posting!

Milamam

anna123

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 02:32:14 PM »

So pleased to see this thread though not pleased to see you are suffering GRL :(

I'm also on Femoston. I was on 1/10 which did nothing so upped to 2/10 and I felt great on it very soon. That was 2 years ago now and I've had very bad bleedng for last 3 months so just come off it.

As others have said I would def keep your appointment. Maybe stay on it a while longer to see if things settle down.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 04:35:22 PM »

Thanks Milamam, your replies are always reassuring and helpful.

Can I ask, during those first 3 months did you feel fine on the oestrogen only tabs? Did your anxiety, tearfulness etc only come back during the combi tab weeks?

Milamam

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 05:05:49 PM »

Hi GRL,
Glad if I can be of any help. I know how you feel and most importantly, the uncertainty about what's going on and what to do to repair it is killing you! That was for me at least!

The first month was all up and down, I couldn't tell almost any difference, just the night sweats stopped and I did begin to sleep much better. But I woke up with axiety surges, nasea as if pregnant, worries about health issues, etc. i started when my estrogen was 69, FSH 10. I now think estrogen was so low that it took time to build up. The first month I got slight spotting, that was it!
The second month I remember we went on a trip to St. Petersburg - a long-awaited trip, and I couldn't go to the museums by myself - had to always be with someone. This month I got a slight spotting episode and that was all . The third month I skipped a bleed altogether but after the month ended, I kinda began to feel constantly better and better. It was a gradual process and I couldn't tell whether the progesterone days were affecting me differently. In month four my bleeds became more substantive, not heavy but normal. My guess is estrogen was so low and it really took 3 months to build up to normsl levels.

I hope this is helpful! During this time I was complaining a lot but women here kept telling me it is early days, give it time, and I am glad I did! So grateful to all!

Milamam

Pages: [1] 2