Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Testosterone and palpitations  (Read 3304 times)

Kate50

Testosterone and palpitations
« on: February 10, 2016, 07:50:37 AM »

So annoying!  Started on Professor Studd routine last Thursday was doing ok and yesterday was a bit jittery and didn't think much of it until bedtime and then couldn't lay down cos of palpitations.  This is what I had bf starting on hrt last year and the only other time it came back was when I tried to have progesterone.  Could it be Testosterone  the side effects are palpitations and headaches etc and been getting them too. Anyone know?  Else will be doing trial and error as did with progesterone.  I knew that was a problem within 24 hrs of taking it.  Also got the strong metallic taste in my mouth.
Thanks

Hurdity

Re: Testosterone and palpitations
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 09:20:53 AM »

I didn't experience any sdie effects with starting testosterone. Sorry can't remember what your HRT is - is it two pumps gel + pea-sized blob of T? Also what your own periods are doing? There are almost always initial side effects for many HRT types but you should give it 3 months if they are tolerable. I don't know about palpitations - they are not listed as side effect on my leaflet - but maybe best anyway to start lower and gradually increase with both oestrogen and T if you are giving yourself a high dose, to minimise side effects?

Hurdity x

Kate50

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 01:09:06 PM »

I wouldn't be able to continue with palpitations they just keep me awake. Just 2 pumps and a blob . I had this when I took progesterone.  Side effects of testosterone ate palpitations.  Gonna leave ot out today and see what happens.  Been on some kind of oestrogen since last September it's what got rid of palpitations!   Not had period for over a year and bf that only induced ones from taking stuff.

Nina

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 01:26:53 PM »

I had to switch to a patch from gel to get rid of palpitations

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 01:36:43 PM »

Why would switching to a patch stop palpitations, surely the gel is more adjustable up or down or are you meaning your dose was too low on the gel?

Kate50

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 03:55:10 PM »

Yes that does seem odd.  Have googled vit d side effects this Afternoon cos started on those as well and they can cause problems and never had them bf well only low dose.  Cos one of the other thing I had been having was a metallic taste and that's a definite side effect of vit d??

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 05:28:06 PM »

I can't find any info about Tesosterone causing palpitations on the leaflets. Please can you link to this info thanks as would be good to know! Nor are they listed as side effect of oestrogel ???  Maybe you are worried about the treatment? Have you been having palpitations anyway before you started the HRT?

Hurdity x

Kate50

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 07:03:47 PM »

No not worried. I was having palpitations that's why went on oestrogen and it's worked ever since. The only time it didn't was when had progesterone.  Side effects of taking Testerone in any situation can be palpitations though.  Have took some homeopathic remedy this afternoon and is darkened then down now so will see what transpires

Nina

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 07:38:43 PM »

I don't know why Cassidy but it did! It could be that I don't absorb the gel very well, plus I wasn't religious about putting it on at a certain time every day, so it wasn't a stable dose.

Anyway palpitations are a sign of low oestrogen so I just joined the dots tbh, I know that I'm much more stable on patches 100mcg with the continuous dose and I no longer suffer palpitations. Which is nice  ;D