Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello! Loving Elleste Duet!  (Read 2915 times)

stroodsue

Hello! Loving Elleste Duet!
« on: January 26, 2016, 12:32:33 PM »

Hiya,
I'm in Strood, Kent! Now 50 years old.

Been on these for about 4 years with a break of 10 months because of 2 bleeds! Grrr.
Started B12 injections in January as I was diagnosed with B12 deficiency.
Had 6 "loading doses" every other day beginning January. Bled end January then again in February! Doctor suggested was because the B12 gave my hormones a boost!
Hot sweats returned with a vengeance! Argh!
Anyway, no more bleeds.
12 weekly B12 jabs.
My right breast started to leak milk! Yes, milk! No, I wasn't pregnant! Doctor did blood tests, all seemed well.
Sent me to Breast clinic at Medway Maritime Hospital, seen in 10 days!
Mammogram done, all clear, phewy.
Sample of "milk" taken.
Result 4 days later. Debris in the ducts!
Operation. Major Duct Excision. 2 weeks later. Job done.

Had to wait until I had the all clear from breast consultant before going back on my HRT. Menopausal hot flushes were by this time unbearable!  I was changing (wearing vest tops under every outfit) vests half way through the days!

On my Elleste Duet! Took 1st one as soon as I collected from pharmacy. .... no more flushes woohoo!

Sorry ladies haha I've ranted!
SO,  that's me, Sue, 50, in Strood!
Anyone local ever want to meet up, coffee chat. I'm up for that!

dazned

Re: Hello! Loving Elleste Duet!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:43:45 PM »

Hi.  :welcomemm:

Glad to hear that you have got all sorted out and settling down with your hrt.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 01:53:18 PM »

Hi stroodsue

:welcomemm: from me too! Sounds like you've had a bit of a  rough ride with your breast issues and vit deficiency but glad all is OK. I presume you are on Elleste Duet conti - which is why you were not expecting a bleed?

Several other members have expressed interest in meeting up in different areas but maybe there aren't enough in one particular area - it's a great idea for face-to-face support and chat though. When you've done 10 ( or maybe 20?) posts you will be able to send pm's but I think you can receive them before this so maybe someone in your area might get in touch? There are so many members now after all :)

Hope your return to HRT does the trick re hot flushes and sweats.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 10:57:11 PM »

:bounce:

maxplus4

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 08:27:32 AM »

I am in my first month of elleste duet cont 1mg. I had only missed one period when I started taking it, with my periods being totally regular before that. Within two or three days, a lot of my symptoms were improved, so I'm seeing it as my salvation now. The only trouble is, on the 8th day I started a bleed. It lasted four days. Should I be telling my doctor, or is this normal in the first month?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 05:54:40 PM »

Hi maxplus4

:welcomemm:

It depends where in your cycle you started taking it?

Normally cyclical HRT is started on the first day of the bleed which counts as Day 1. Does this mean you had a bleed and started like this and then had another bleed on Day 8? Also if you had only missed one period then you are still in early peri-menopause so likely your cycle is still quite strong and your hormones cam override the HRT cycle - anything like this is possible in early peri!

I am pleased to hear your symptoms have improved and hope they continue to do so :)

Hurdity x

maxplus4

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 08:49:21 AM »

Thanks for the reassurance that this is normal. I didn't start the HRT on the first day of a bleed because I was overdue a bleed by a couple of weeks when I was first prescribed them, so I just started straightaway. I'm guessing from what you've told me that its just my normal cycle overriding the pills at this stage. I would be devastated if anything happened that meant I couldn't continue to take them, so this is ultra good news. Thanks.

Optimist

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 05:29:41 AM »

Hi there, I realise now I had the same problem when I started taking the Elleste duet. My natural cycle overrode the hrt causing me to bleed for longer at day 5 of the oestrogen. It then settled. I had to change to patches and onto third month now but have not yet had a period! Glad it's helping you  :)